2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often he’s been the last line of defence and we needed a last ditch tackle from him, today with the penalty Onana looked in a good position to cover , sometimes you need to shepherd an attacker onto the next defender without committing. But heh that’s easy to say, he’s learning all the time , imagine how good he’s going to be at his peak.

Not even sure it's that, he isn't the first and wont be the last CB who struggles against Eze.
Tackle with the outside of the foot in tha box, leaving his feet on the other. Eze is a tricky player but those are things young defenders do.

He’s not the finished article, it’s not a criticism, he just has to find a way to learn quickly and bounce back.

His toughest game of the season and could of possibly given not just the one but 2 pens away. He didn't crumble and continued to play well. This game would have taught him more than any other. Part of his learning curve and he will probably have 1 or 2 more games that ask serious questions of him. Regardless, he possesses class
I know what you're saying but I dint think either were penalties.

Eze was looking to go down at every opportunity.

Jarrad Branthwaite proved today that he's not good enough at this level, he's a Championship player and always will be... get out of our Club you fraud!

Seriously though, games like today will help him develop into an even better player. There's no chance of growth if everything is easy and going well for you all the time. He had a very good second half by the way.

Jarrad Branthwaite proved today that he's not good enough at this level, he's a Championship player and always will be... get out of our Club you fraud!

Seriously though, games like today will help him develop into an even better player. There's no chance of growth if everything is easy and going well for you all the time. He had a very good second half by the way.
I read your first paragraph and was already on the ignore button 🙃 Hahaha. He's a top player isn't he.

the contrast between his reaction to making a couple of early errors and that which we have seen from Michael Keane on numerous occasions was stark today, stuck at it and did alright in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back