2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

cool.

You want someone to break the world record fee for a defender by £40m (your expectation).

I think that's unrealistic because of: 1) the stature and fiscal position of our club; 2) the lack of full international caps.
Exactly mate couldn’t even get in the U21 squad for the last tournament he’s doing well but that can easily change, let’s just enjoy him doing a good job for us and learning all the time instead of putting stupid prices on him.

cool.

You want someone to break the world record fee for a defender by £40m (your expectation).

I think that's unrealistic because of: 1) the stature and fiscal position of our club; 2) the lack of full international caps.

Two fair points.

Taking Fofana at £75mil a couple of years ago and Caicedo at £125mil last summer.

What would you value our two at?

Based on today’s stupid markets would probably get over £120m combined, are either of them worth that alone? Absolutely not.

Its not about the value 'today' you have to price in the value to the team over their contract and what you think their value would become -- potential.

Otherwise, dont sell.

Two fair points.

Taking Fofana at £75mil a couple of years ago and Caicedo at £125mil last summer.

What would you value our two at?

Its not about the value 'today' you have to price in the value to the team over their contract and what you think their value would become -- potential.

Otherwise, dont sell.
I know but 12 weeks ago we would of thought £40 million was a good fee now you’re talking £120,000,000 😂

Given how old he is, I'm expecting him to make a mistake or two, but he hasn't put a foot wrong so far I think. Loved the way his matched Antonio for pace and shrugged him off in the first half. Someone is going to offer silly money for him soon, and unfortunately we won't be able to hold onto him

I know but 12 weeks ago we would of thought £40 million was a good fee now you’re talking £120,000,000 😂

Well look back to last Jan. Arsenal and Chelsea valued Caicedo at £40-50mil...a few months later and it was £125mil.

Thats what happens with young players.

Now, if you were a top 4 club in Jan seeing Branthwaite (if he continues this level) a 21 year old English phenom surely he would be a priority target.

Madrid signing the young lads they have should go for him, thats the level i see him at and the potential to hit the very top.

If we had reliable fullback play from the start, we’d probably be talking about one of the best center back partnerships in the league. He and Tarks are very solid together. Jarred in particular is spectacular and played a part in creating the goal too with his interception. He is going places

If we had reliable fullback play from the start, we’d probably be talking about one of the best center back partnerships in the league. He and Tarks are very solid together. Jarred in particular is spectacular and played a part in creating the goal too with his interception. He is going places

Mykolenko has been very reliable...Dyche of course throws his mate Young in whenever he can -- is that what you meant?

The back four and centre mid has to stay the same this season.