2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

We stayed up the season before that with a CB pairing of Tarkowski/Coady and Tarkowski/Keane...and the season before that with Keane/Holgate.
We had the likes of Richarlison then to mitigate defensive weakness. Now, we have a non-scoring part-time fashion model up front running down his contract. Sell Branthwaite and it's goodbye Prem, because not only will we fail to buy good forwards, but whatever we buy will be glued to the bench by a manager who seems reluctant to play anybody but the tried and trusted failures.

We had the likes of Richarlison then to mitigate defensive weakness. Now, we have a non-scoring part-time fashion model up front running down his contract. Sell Branthwaite and it's goodbye Prem, because not only will we fail to buy good forwards, but whatever we buy will be glued to the bench by a manager who seems reluctant to play anybody but the tried and trusted failures.
No, youlre making my point for me. We need a striker of that quality in to make a Branthwaite-less CB unit sustainable...and he WILL be sold this window. I have no doubts about that.

No, youlre making my point for me. We need a striker of that quality in to make a Branthwaite-less CB unit sustainable...and he WILL be sold this window. I have no doubts about that.
We won't get anybody of that quality. And we wouldn't play them anyway. Dyche has set out his stall. And weaken that defence and anybody we get in will need to be bagging 20 to keep us up.

You don't sell a player of Branthwaite's quality and expect to progress as a club unless you get 100m for him and have a genius recruiter. We won't get what he's worth and we have Kevin Thelwell. Selling him is a gift for Moshiri - not Dyche.

We won't get anybody of that quality. And we wouldn't play them anyway. Dyche has set out his stall. And weaken that defence and anybody we get in will need to be bagging 20 to keep us up.

You don't sell a player of Branthwaite's quality and expect to progress as a club unless you get 100m for him and have a genius recruiter. We won't get what he's worth and we have Kevin Thelwell. Selling him is a gift for Moshiri - not Dyche.
That's too fatalistic.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back