2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

The Liverpool story feels like a softener so that if he’s sold to Utd it doesn’t feel as bad but I don’t think that would wash at all on this occasion, I suspect if he went to City it would go down better
I think Man Utd is unlikely now given they’ve spent around £100m on centre backs already and still need a centre mid which won’t come cheap. Not saying it definitely won’t happen as they may sell some players to create funds but I would be surprised if they did it this summer.

City I think is also unlikely as they have Dias, Stones, Akanji, Ake and Gvardiol who can all play centre back. They probably need a replacement for Alvarez which won’t come cheap and there is also talk of Gundogan going back there.

So that basically leaves Liverpool who have money to spend and need a centre back. Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are pretty sorted (although who knows with Chelsea).

I think the Liverpool link is just made for clicks rather than being anything concrete. Maybe that’s wishful thinking as I would be devastated if he went there.

….i just wonder if the club consider he’s worth more by staying.

Looking like our approach will have to be similar to last season, in which case Branthwaite could be the difference in us remaining in the top flight. I had a very small wager on him staying at the beginning of the window.

He stays, team stays up (due to high number of clean sheets last year).

He goes and you get Saturday's effort on a regular basis so it's going to be a repeat of 22/23.

I think next summer it will happen as I presume he won't have that long on his contract.

Onana was always going to be the big name leaving this summer.

he’s gone into odds on to go liverpool now so probably another parting gift of the moshiri era we ain’t selling him then boom he’s rocking up in red
He's been odds on for a few days.

Likely it's a made up rumour which has got people putting bets on (hoping anyway) or as someone suggested, it could just be a made up rumour to soften the blow for when he does eventually rock up somewhere else

He's been odds on for a few days.

Likely it's a made up rumour which has got people putting bets on (hoping anyway) or as someone suggested, it could just be a made up rumour to soften the blow for when he does eventually rock up somewhere else
Yeah it seems a dubious tweet sourcing the athletic was most likely the catalyst for the rumor spreading

I said City maybe his destination.

As said: I'll be amazed if he doesn't get sold this summer.
I think United lost their chance Dave, so somebody else will have to go for him. It won’t be the other reds either, so I can’t see him going this summer. If United had bid properly and hadn’t made such a silly fuss over the price, I think he’d 100 percent be gone. Maybe City could take the piss and bid for him, but they are 100 something charges deep. Maybe another team enters the fold- but I doubt it’s those 3

….i just wonder if the club consider he’s worth more by staying.

Looking like our approach will have to be similar to last season, in which case Branthwaite could be the difference in us remaining in the top flight. I had a very small wager on him staying at the beginning of the window.
Small wager by your standards @Eggs ,probable a weeks wages for the rest of us 😂😂😂😂

he’s gone into odds on to go liverpool now so probably another parting gift of the moshiri era we ain’t selling him then boom he’s rocking up in red

No he hasn’t.

IMG_7858.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back