2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

About a month ago it was said he had a chance for the Spurs game,now listening to Dyche sounds like we will be lucky to see him before October….what has happened? Why aren’t the journalists asking him these questions?
We have a bit of form with players picking up slight injuries only for them to turn out to be much longer term problems. DCL`s injury problems started with a toe injury, and that started a long spell of him nearing fittness, having a set back, getting back near fittness, picking up another injury, and on and on ....
Similar with JPG. We got about a game and a half out of him I think, and he was with us for 5 years.

We have a bit of form with players picking up slight injuries only for them to turn out to be much longer term problems. DCL`s injury problems started with a toe injury, and that started a long spell of him nearing fittness, having a set back, getting back near fittness, picking up another injury, and on and on ....
Similar with JPG. We got about a game and a half out of him I think, and he was with us for 5 years.
As upset I am sometimes with Dyche's line up, he doesn't seem to players that are still fairly injured. Like we did with DCL that was half-fit.

Jul 18:
'Yeah, it's just a little injury I've had. I'll be back with the team in the next week or so, so it's nothing major. I can't wait to get back out there.'
Jul 27:
'Jarrad's making steps forward. He's not ready yet. He won't be back next week but should be after that.'
Jul 29:
'Jarrad is slightly longer. He's had a longer process because he's coming back from a minor operation.'
Jul 30:
'Jarrad is making progress as well but isn't quite there yet.'
Aug 03:
'He is making good progress all of a sudden; he had a slow spell but is beginning to move forward. Hopefully, he will certainly be in and around it. I am not saying he will definitely be fit [for GW1], but he will certainly be in and around it, we hope.'
Aug 10:
'Still not there yet. I don't think he'll be there for next Saturday. He still has work to do yet.'
Aug 15:
'We were hoping a few would be back, but they are not. That is unfortunate.'
Aug 22:
'He's still a bit away. He's not close at the moment.'

Jul 18:
'Yeah, it's just a little injury I've had. I'll be back with the team in the next week or so, so it's nothing major. I can't wait to get back out there.'
Jul 27:
'Jarrad's making steps forward. He's not ready yet. He won't be back next week but should be after that.'
Jul 29:
'Jarrad is slightly longer. He's had a longer process because he's coming back from a minor operation.'
Jul 30:
Aug 03:
'He is making good progress all of a sudden; he had a slow spell but is beginning to move forward. Hopefully, he will certainly be in and around it. I am not saying he will definitely be fit [for GW1], but he will certainly be in and around it, we hope.'
Aug 10:
'Still not there yet. I don't think he'll be there for next Saturday. He still has work to do yet.'
Aug 15:
Aug 22:
Jul 18:
"We're trying to keep him fit enough to sell him"

Jul 27:

Jul 29:

Jul 30:

Aug 03:

Aug 10:

Aug 15:

Aug 22:

Sept 1st:
We didn't get a buyer so Jarred is fit to play football again.

Jul 18:
Jul 27:
Jul 29:
Jul 30:
Aug 03:
Aug 10:
Aug 15:
Aug 22:
Did the same with DCL. I presume the surgery wasn't a great success and so he's not putting a timetable on it.

Fast forward 10 days;
Journo; is Jarrad back in contention for the weekend?
Dyche; (in a condescending tone) well he’s back on the graaasss, but we need to be careful with him. He needs to get his fitness up.
Journo; so any chance of making the game?
Dyche; (sniffs hand) We’ll see, we’ve got other options, big players in those positions. (Wipes face after becoming unnecessarily sweaty) Michael Keane’s come in and has done well, despite us conceding at least 3 goals a game. (Sniffs)

Teamsheet for Villa has Branthwaite on the bench

Speaking after the game when we’ve lost 4-1

Dyche; some good moments today, (wipes face) lots of things to be positive about. Jarrad just wasn’t quite ready, (sniffs) he’s done some baaall work this week. Maybe next week, he’ll be back with the group.

He's basically what will stand between us and relegation if he stays fit

Let's just hope we have enough money to pay the bills for the next 10 months til the tv money comes in...

Fast forward 10 days;
Journo; is Jarrad back in contention for the weekend?
Dyche; (in a condescending tone) well he’s back on the graaasss, but we need to be careful with him. He needs to get his fitness up.
Journo; so any chance of making the game?
Dyche; (sniffs hand) We’ll see, we’ve got other options, big players in those positions. (Wipes face after becoming unnecessarily sweaty) Michael Keane’s come in and has done well, despite us conceding at least 3 goals a game. (Sniffs)

Teamsheet for Villa has Branthwaite on the bench

Speaking after the game when we’ve lost 4-1

Dyche; some good moments today, (wipes face) lots of things to be positive about. Jarrad just wasn’t quite ready, (sniffs) he’s done some baaall work this week. Maybe next week, he’ll be back with the group.
As do the rest of the team. This Dyche fitness doesn't happen until later on in the season. He needs to get them fit at the start

As do the rest of the team. This Dyche fitness doesn't happen until later on in the season. He needs to get them fit at the start
But… but… he did 2 gaffer days this year. We should be the fittest team in the league. They didn’t kick a football in training until a day before the Brighton game. He’s at the cutting edge of modern coaching is our Sean.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.