2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

Dyche worked miracles to save us last season and the season before, but we seem to be in terminal decline.

Having said that, we will be much stronger defensively when Branthwaite is back in the team.

Take van Dyke out of the RS' team and they just aren't the same side.

He’s not the silver bullet but I think with the new signings and him back in the team we will start climbing the table. Im a bit worried about the effect this result will have on the team short term but I think we have more than enough to finish mid table. He would be stupid to change the front 4 player who played yesterday as we looked far more fluid in attack with McNeil through the middle and Ndiaye out wide. With Branthwaite stepping out of defence I think we will show ourselves to be a pretty strong outfit by Christmas. Head are falling off and quite rightly so but I think we will be ok.

Hopefully he's fully fit for the Leicester game (not sure he'll be thrown straight into the Villa game without any minutes since May so sub at best).

If he's out until after the next international break then I think Dyche loses his job as can see team conceding 2-3 playing Villa, Newcastle and perhaps Palace especially with Tarks not 100% either.

I thought it last season and certainly think it this season. His fitness basically decides staying up or not as Pickford-Tarks-Branthy as a unit will eventually start keeping clean sheets and give the basis to win games as we saw in the run in last year.

If that’s the case he needs to get lay O’Brien, bloody gutted. Hope it’s just smoke and mirrors from Dyche….

I think we'll see a back 5 for Villa and Garner would go to RWB in that sense with O'Brien also coming in. If Branthwaite isn't available for even the bench that's really the best I can come up with and even then it feels damaged limitation in keeping the score down.

Would've been better to play Villa the weekend after when they've just played their first CL game so would be a bit more fatigued.

My cousin took little his lad down to FF this morning to get some autographs,
Branthwaite was the first one there and my cousin asked how long does he reckon and Branthwaite replied 'it could be a while'.

Which genuinely concerns me.

As I said above if he's out until the next international break then the next time he plays for this club will be under a new manager imo.

The void in the backline is that vast without him, was the same at the start of last season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back