Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

Dont remember the reluctance myself mate, remember there were reports of his agent looking for one.

Its one to watch, if we have aspirations of keeping him - i think a new contract is essential.

….totally agree. Whilst it wouldn’t mean he won’t leave at some point, it would send out the right message that he’s at least happy here. A terrific reception for him before kick-off on Saturday.

Yes that biff harwood- bellis was often picked in front of him.
People will disagree, but the top 6 youngsters mainly dominate the under 21’s,
18’s etc.
The narrative is you play for Liverpool,
Utd, city, Chelsea you must be the best youngsters. I remember us coming 2nd
In the under 18’s league a few years ago,
Middlesbrough won the league.
Then an under 18 England squad going off
To the euros had 1 player for us and 1
From boro, think spurs had 4/5 and they got relegated for the league.
Also a big southern bias in them squads

People will disagree, but the top 6 youngsters mainly dominate the under 21’s,
18’s etc.
The narrative is you play for Liverpool,
Utd, city, Chelsea you must be the best youngsters. I remember us coming 2nd
In the under 18’s league a few years ago,
Middlesbrough won the league.
Then an under 18 England squad going off
To the euros had 1 player for us and 1
From boro, think spurs had 4/5 and they got relegated for the league.
Also a big southern bias in them squads
Any England squad has always been heavily biased for the London side but particularly Spurs ….its wierd

We can show an improving position. We've been significantly punished already. We all know the double jeopardy arguments already. See my next reply, below regarding the idea of signings.

I don't believe there will be an "influx" of new players. There will be a steady build over two or three seasons building on what we already have

The idiots on twitter saying we/Friedkin should make "statement signings" are morons and haven't learnt a single thing about how to run a football club

There is the general idea, that you adopt a "two in, two out" principle in relation to the squad

Meaning two go out, and two come in each season.
So over 4 seasons that is 8 players or more than 50% of the first XI. You can deviate based on necessity, but the average per year should be two in, two out

We do not need an influx. We need steady and sustainable building in an upward trajectory of corresponding performance

If the youth team is also delivering players, all the better.

Their will clearly be an influx of new players.

You do realise next summer we will have precisely 12 contracted players not counting academy lads.

How on earth would two out two in work when we literally would have one senior player on the bench IF we had zero injuries or suspensions.

Not sure what planet you are living on at times lad thinking there's no urgency to bring in a serious number of new players.

For comparisons sake, when they took over at a Roma with a much bigger squad their first summer they brought in 9 players and spent over 120m without any significant sales. Including Dybala for over 40m and Lukaku (on loan)

Their will clearly be an influx of new players.

You do realise next summer we will have precisely 12 contracted players not counting academy lads.

How on earth would two out two in work when we literally would have one senior player on the bench IF we had zero injuries or suspensions.

Not sure what planet you are living on at times lad thinking there's no urgency to bring in a serious number of new players.

For comparisons sake, when they took over at a Roma with a much bigger squad their first summer they brought in 9 players and spent over 120m without any significant sales. Including Dybala for over 40m and Lukaku (on loan)

Everton do not have the capacity to bring in 9 or more players unless a significant number are for no fee.

My comments are well considered and relate to the actual position of the club

Not fantasy land that some seem to live in.

It will not be Moshiri/Kenwright, Walsh/Koeman etc mk II

I also clarified my comment if you read carefully my posts (and not what you want to read), that I was not including those loanees we already have options to buy on. In the "two in two out"

Everton do not have the capacity to bring in 9 or more players unless a significant number are for no fee.

My comments are well considered and relate to the actual position of the club

Not fantasy land that some seem to live in.

It will not be Moshiri/Kenwright, Walsh/Koeman etc mk II

I also clarified my comment if you read carefully my posts (and not what you want to read), that I was not including those loanees we already have options to buy on. In the "two in two out"
It seems Everton will have the capacity to bring in 8-9 players next year with the expected Branthwaite sale. The 70-80m from that combined with the FFP rule change and 70m change in revenue will enable the team to spend 150m while still complying with rules. 4-5 15m purchases, 1 loan, 1 free, and a couple 30m purchases puts the club under that.

It seems Everton will have the capacity to bring in 8-9 players next year with the expected Branthwaite sale. The 70-80m from that combined with the FFP rule change and 70m change in revenue will enable the team to spend 150m while still complying with rules. 4-5 15m purchases, 1 loan, 1 free, and a couple 30m purchases puts the club under that.

Selling Branthwaite would be a bad idea and not in line with our goal to be a European club winning trophies

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back