Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

Everton do not have the capacity to bring in 9 or more players unless a significant number are for no fee.

My comments are well considered and relate to the actual position of the club

Not fantasy land that some seem to live in.

It will not be Moshiri/Kenwright, Walsh/Koeman etc mk II

I also clarified my comment if you read carefully my posts (and not what you want to read), that I was not including those loanees we already have options to buy on. In the "two in two out"

Everton do not have the capacity to bring in 9 or more players unless a significant number are for no fee.

My comments are well considered and relate to the actual position of the club

Not fantasy land that some seem to live in.

It will not be Moshiri/Kenwright, Walsh/Koeman etc mk II

I also clarified my comment if you read carefully my posts (and not what you want to read), that I was not including those loanees we already have options to buy on. In the "two in two out"

Ok, first of all you have zero idea on what Evertons capacity to bring players in is mate. Unless you're the Friedkins personal lawyer or accountant.

What we do have us cold hard evidence

They bought Roma a club in a dire financial state, the first season they invested over 100m net into the playing squad, not counting youth players. In total I believe they brought in 9 senior players.

As for capacity to bring in players, erm yea we do have said capacity - because we are well within p&s limits right now, revenue streams are increasing, wages decreasing and shortly loan repayments won't be bleeding us in terms of regs.

9 players, assuming two would be loans, and zero sakes, amounts to roughly 4 players around the ten million mark, and three players around the 20m mark.

So strictly speaking in the ballpark fees we paid or will pay for Ndiaye, O'Brien, Garner, Lindstrom, Tim.

So no statement signing, which you like to throw out there as a insult to people. Just logical investment into a playing squad which as I will say again HAS TWELVE CONTRACTED PLAYERS REMAINING THIS SUMMER!

If you think this squad dies not need a huge influx of numbers mate then I dunno what you're smoking.

This summer the following leave the club.

Coleman, Young, Doucoure, DCL, Gueye, Keane, Holgate.

Given most match days we are naming two keepers in the bench among with several academy lads who will never ever be brought on, and 6 of the above players are either starters or first choice backup sometimes in several positions, how do you not comprehend that it is vital to bring in quality AND numbers.

Not counting that Mangala, Lindstrom and Harrison - 3 either starters or first backup are all not gonna be here next season unless we buy them.

You seem to be hung up on this idea that bringing a lot of players in is doing a Moshiri, it's the complete opposite you utter clown, Moshiri bought and bought and bought in a squad that was already quite big.

Friedkin needs to buy so we actually have a squad AND first team.

Ok, first of all you have zero idea on what Evertons capacity to bring players in is mate. Unless you're the Friedkins personal lawyer or accountant.

What we do have us cold hard evidence

They bought Roma a club in a dire financial state, the first season they invested over 100m net into the playing squad, not counting youth players. In total I believe they brought in 9 senior players.

As for capacity to bring in players, erm yea we do have said capacity - because we are well within p&s limits right now, revenue streams are increasing, wages decreasing and shortly loan repayments won't be bleeding us in terms of regs.

9 players, assuming two would be loans, and zero sakes, amounts to roughly 4 players around the ten million mark, and three players around the 20m mark.

So strictly speaking in the ballpark fees we paid or will pay for Ndiaye, O'Brien, Garner, Lindstrom, Tim.

So no statement signing, which you like to throw out there as a insult to people. Just logical investment into a playing squad which as I will say again HAS TWELVE CONTRACTED PLAYERS REMAINING THIS SUMMER!

If you think this squad dies not need a huge influx of numbers mate then I dunno what you're smoking.

This summer the following leave the club.

Coleman, Young, Doucoure, DCL, Gueye, Keane, Holgate.

Given most match days we are naming two keepers in the bench among with several academy lads who will never ever be brought on, and 6 of the above players are either starters or first choice backup sometimes in several positions, how do you not comprehend that it is vital to bring in quality AND numbers.

Not counting that Mangala, Lindstrom and Harrison - 3 either starters or first backup are all not gonna be here next season unless we buy them.

You seem to be hung up on this idea that bringing a lot of players in is doing a Moshiri, it's the complete opposite you utter clown, Moshiri bought and bought and bought in a squad that was already quite big.

Friedkin needs to buy so we actually have a squad AND first team.

Oh dear. I heard similar on 24 September relating to the BMD being "fully financed". On 01 October it was confirmed as requiring "tens of millions of pounds" more financing.

Now, in relation to this, it's not a good idea bringing in a huge number of players at any one time. You have to integrate them and get them playing together.

You and others may think it's great, but it's been proven before when Moshiri and Kenwright and co were out buying players and brought in three number 10s etc.

It is better to build a squad steadily and progressively. Two in, two out

I've seen people like you, demand "a huge influx" of players before. It never ends well.

Be sure not to make it about personal vanity.

Oh dear. I heard similar on 24 September relating to the BMD being "fully financed". On 01 October it was confirmed as requiring "tens of millions of pounds" more financing.

Now, in relation to this, it's not a good idea bringing in a huge number of players at any one time. You have to integrate them and get them playing together.

You and others may think it's great, but it's been proven before when Moshiri and Kenwright and co were out buying players and brought in three number 10s.

I've seen people like you, demand "a huge influx" of players before. It never ends well.

You do realise how many players we have out of contract at the end of this season don’t you ?

Another thing "statement signings" are all about people's personal vanity.

You never make "statement signings" if you know how to build a squad. Because if you are doing so you're not bringing in players in for the right reasons

The players brought in should be about bringing performance and attributes to a squad. Not about making "statements"

I can tell you're one of these "statement signings" people, because you keep saying you want a "huge influx"

We need evolution not revolution. Thank you.

Selling Branthwaite would be a bad idea and not in line with our goal to be a European club winning trophies

I am adamant, we need to keep Jared Branthwaite at the club.

Then you add to him.

You are also wrong about Doucoure

The club has an option to extend his contract by a further year:

Liverpool Echo (12 May 2024) : “From my point of view, I’m very happy. The club has an option to extend my contract next season, so I’m very calm.

“I signed a new deal (last summer) so I think my situation is not the priority now. I’m very secure here.”

Therefore what you're saying the club should do is fundamentally wrong and worse based on bad information.

Last edited:
You do realise how many players we have out of contract at the end of this season don’t you ?

It does help if people get their facts right on that point (see Doucoure point, above - he was factually wrong over as their is an option to extend the club can trigger).

As I've said. My plan would be to keep Jared Branthwaite and add to him.

We do not need 9 players bringing in in one go. We need to have a multi-year plan to bring players in. Not this idea that we have to bring in an entire team in one summer

You and others may think it's great, but it's been proven before when Moshiri and Kenwright and co were out buying players and brought in three number 10s etc.

Errm two in two out is how you operate a well ran, functioning squad mate, not a squad that has been ran down to bare bones.

As I stated but you simply didn't bother thinking about, we have a lot of players leaning the club this season, not the likes of players who don't feature but actual first team players.

To illustrate, of our starting team last game, five players in the starting 11 are leaving this summer unless we buy two of them, of the subs, two are leaving

We used 15 players on Saturday, of those 15 - we will have 8 at the club next season - how do you not see this as a massive issue?

Btw little lesson of history, remember Sheedy, harper, Reid, mountfield, king.

All arrived one summer.

Another history lesson - in 2000 Moyes signed 10 senior players, half worked out and became important first teamers .

Errm two in two out is how you operate a well ran, functioning squad mate, not a squad that has been ran down to bare bones.

As I stated but you simply didn't bother thinking about, we have a lot of players leaning the club this season, not the likes of players who don't feature but actual first team players.

To illustrate, of our starting team last game, five players in the starting 11 are leaving this summer unless we buy two of them, of the subs, two are leaving

We used 15 players on Saturday, of those 15 - we will have 8 at the club next season - how do you not see this as a massive issue?

Btw little lesson of history, remember Sheedy, harper, Reid, mountfield, king.

All arrived one summer.

Another history lesson - in 2000 Moyes signed 10 senior players, half worked out and became important first teamers .

At least get your facts right though when you start advocating for a "huge influx" (your words)

You didn't seem to know Doucoure has a contract extension clause in 🤷‍♂️

I don't want to see money getting wasted frankly. The plan should be retain Branthwaite and add to him in a strategic not scattergun fashion.

Money needs to be spent in a targeted fashion with precision.

Not a "huge influx"

Spending it on players that bring something to the club and doing it efficiently.

Another thing "statement signings" are all about people's personal vanity.

You never make "statement signings" if you know how to build a squad. Because if you are doing so you're not bringing in players in for the right reasons

The players brought in should be about bringing performance and attributes to a squad. Not about making "statements"

I can tell you're one of these "statement signings" people, because you keep saying you want a "huge influx"

We need evolution not revolution. Thank you.

I am adamant, we need to keep Jared Branthwaite at the club.

Then you add to him.

You are also wrong about Doucoure

The club has an option to extend his contract by a further year:

Liverpool Echo (12 May 2024) : “From my point of view, I’m very happy. The club has an option to extend my contract next season, so I’m very calm.

“I signed a new deal (last summer) so I think my situation is not the priority now. I’m very secure here.”

Therefore what you're saying the club should do is fundamentally wrong and worse based on bad information.

Are you too thick to actual read?

My very first line said NO statement signings but players in the 10-20m range.

You seem weirdly obsessed with buzzwords and trying to label people.

Not sure why, I'll say it again though in words even you can maybe understand.

The club by next summer will have twelve senior players on its books, it is not a situation of two in two out. Comprehend that?

It does help if people get their facts right on that point (see Doucoure point, above - he was factually wrong over as their is an option to extend the club can trigger).

As I've said. My plan would be to keep Jared Branthwaite and add to him.

We do not need 9 players bringing in in one go. We need to have a multi-year plan to bring players in. Not this idea that we have to bring in an entire team in one summer

Ok genius how many players do Everton need to sign next season?
Don't give a multi line answer just simple numbers

Ok genius how many players do Everton need to sign next season?
Don't give a multi line answer just simple numbers

I don't like throwing numbers around. Two in two out is an average basis

I personally make investment decisions on a multi year basis. I don't think spending all the investment money in one summer is wise or what EFC should do.

I'm also mindful this isn't the thread topic, per se

You replied to my post. My principal point is that we retain Branthwaite and build on him

We can do that with four players (not already with an option to buy) by loan or immediate purchase. Five or six, only if right deals are available

I wouldn't want to buy nine players in one summer. Or be forced into doing so.

Priority should be right targets. Not numbers.

Because I would want to ensure two quality players can be bought in YEAR 2

I don't like throwing numbers around. Two in two out is an average basis

I personally make investment decisions on a multi year basis. I don't think spending all the investment money in one summer is wise or what EFC should do.

I'm also mindful this isn't the thread topic, per se

You replied to my post. My principal point is that we retain Branthwaite and build on him

We can do that with four players (not already with an option to buy) by loan or immediate purchase. Five or six, only if right deals are available

I wouldn't want to buy nine players in one summer. Or be forced into doing so.

Priority should be right targets. Not numbers.

Because I would want to ensure two quality players can be bought in YEAR 2

Ok, take 27 of trying to get you to actually use your brain and critically think.

Your main point is to retain Branthwaite, ok, how do we do so, by convincing him that we are going to serious invest and look to improve.

We do so by making a couple of Loan signings, buying a couple of players and selling a few, letting 6 players who feature in the team leave and resigning jack Harrison on a permanent deal.

Yeah mate can see him tripping over himself at the signs of ambition to sign a new contract.

Ok, take 28, the common wisdom is that a successful transfer window has about a 50% success rate on players. Hence 9 players you hope that 4-5 work out well. Sign less then less work out, it's simple math.

So you then say 5 or six only if the right deals are available - on top of exercising loan options, which given we have three players in on loan with options would amount to 8-9 new players in one window....

So two in two out suddenly morphs into 8-9 in ....

Priority has to be both the right targets AND numbers, or else yes we may have a better starting 11 but absolutely nothing beyond that.

As for spending all the investment money in one go, errrm who suggested that, I stated they invested heavily first season in Roma like you'd expect any new owner to do.

They also invested heavily this summer - season 4 of their ownership

Ok, take 27 of trying to get you to actually use your brain and critically think.

Your main point is to retain Branthwaite, ok, how do we do so, by convincing him that we are going to serious invest and look to improve.

We do so by making a couple of Loan signings, buying a couple of players and selling a few, letting 6 players who feature in the team leave and resigning jack Harrison on a permanent deal.

Yeah mate can see him tripping over himself at the signs of ambition to sign a new contract.

Ok, take 28, the common wisdom is that a successful transfer window has about a 50% success rate on players. Hence 9 players you hope that 4-5 work out well. Sign less then less work out, it's simple math.

So you then say 5 or six only if the right deals are available - on top of exercising loan options, which given we have three players in on loan with options would amount to 8-9 new players in one window....

So two in two out suddenly morphs into 8-9 in ....

Priority has to be both the right targets AND numbers, or else yes we may have a better starting 11 but absolutely nothing beyond that.

As for spending all the investment money in one go, errrm who suggested that, I stated they invested heavily first season in Roma like you'd expect any new owner to do.

They also invested heavily this summer - season 4 of their ownership

Again. Statement signings are not what EFC should be engaging in

Fundamentally you and me will never agree

Again. Statement signings are not what EFC should be engaging in

Fundamentally you and me will never agree

So again you read me clearly stating NO statement signings and interpret that as me saying we need statement signings.

Do you understand the English language lad?

Btw, funny thing is, even though I do not want us to do so, statement signings have been part of this clubs history.

What do you think Alan Ball was (an English record fee) - Kendall a year later was about the 4th highest ever also - so another statement signing.
What do you think Lukaku was.

And to top it all off, our best ever player, we signed for what was described as a kings ransom at the time, a certain Dixie Dean

But yeah statement signings never work do they.

If you know your history lad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back