2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can't help but feel sorry for the guy but we should find a way to make him unemployed"

But then what type of society would we be living in where we just give up on people and throw them on the trash heap when they are at their lowest and unable to give us what we want through no fault of their own? I did hear the club tried to cash in on the insurance but Bill Kenwright only took out a 3rd party, fire & theft policy on the lad.

It's not about that. They've taken good care of Gbamin this recent time.

It's about everything else in actually preventing players getting injured.

There's no way our training can just carry on like this. We have a full week of it and every time we lose a player, at least one, normally 2-3.
Just saying as a lot of people ARE slating the medical team.

I think the likes of Bill and Denise will probably put on a tea and crumpet show for public consumption (and probably mean it too), but Carlo will have ruthlessly discarded him from his plans already.

Funnily enough, while I agree that it's never ideal to have a complete revamp in playing staff with multiple incomings and outgoings, I'd make an exception for Carlo. He's got to put rocket fuel under his tenure or risk falling away next season - and with it his reputation. He's being paid about €12m a year. I think he needs to handle about 10 out and 10 in - because the alternative isn't worth thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back