2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean looking after its employees, I cant believe what I am reading here, yes he has cost the club a load of money but what is the alternative? Throw him under a bus?? Its part of the game, suck it up. He'll be back when he is fit

Spot on. We could wave goodbye to ever signing a player again if we didn't just let the lad get fit.

It's not even like he's been crying off with a 'tight' groin every other week. He's had 2 serious injuries. I actually feel sorry for the lad, in context.

Really can’t understand some views about in this thread.

Yes he has been injured the entire time he’s been with us and yes it looks like Brands wasted a lot of money BUT the injury was hardly foreseeable and he had attracted a lot of attention prior to him signing for us.

As such, you have to say that Brands got a good signing at the time - you can’t help these things and we cannot let it put us off trying to sign a young gem like Gbamin was/is thought to be.

how old is the lad? just thinking if he can get back to where he was before his injury? i know that coleman and gomes looks like they have lost half a yard after their's

He's back, Carlo confirmed before the Arsenal game
Ancelotti has been vague about it...not very clear to me that he is back in the UK. Maybe he was back briefly to meet up with the coaching and medical staff. I have a feeling that he is still in France and will be there until early next month. The fact that there is no pics at all from him or video for a good while now is very telling.

Mate this is precisely what they're doing. You'd be just as well telling this to the lamppost outside your house than some on here.
Exactly, the last big update we had, he was undergoing fitness training with a French sports fitness company. He’s been out so long, they will want him to go through a programme to ensure he’s over it and rests to return. They don’t want to risk another breakdown.

This lad has had a terrible run of luck. It was, in all likelihood, started by the then manager of Everton FC Marco Silva, rushing him into the first team when he was obviously not ready. It follows that Everton have a responsibility to the player to give him every opportunity to rescue his career.

Having him do his rehab in France, away from our medical staff was probably the best way to do this. I think it is probably best just to let him continue with his rehab out of the spotlight and accept that, at this stage, it looks like being next season before we see him involved with the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back