2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Write him off and forget him. I will be happy to eat my words should he suddenly put in an appearance next season or the one after that and score 3 goals on his debut.

Just checked the injuries/suspensions page on the official website and he's expected return, which had been listed as "January" last few times I have looked, is now back to "Unknown".

Just checked the injuries/suspensions page on the official website and he's expected return, which had been listed as "January" last few times I have looked, is now back to "Unknown".
What year ? ..... Seriously though, he's had an incredible run of bad luck with injuries. Hope he can come back and contribute.

Any other examples of a player coming back from 18 months out and doing well?
Pete Reid was out for a long time with a bad leg break, cant remember how he turned out. There was lots of talk when we signed him that his career was over and we'd wasted our £60k, he had been out for a year, he had been out with knee injuries prior to that. It may have been the case int he 70s but its a lazy thing to throw around these days that a big injury kills a players career/abilities.

Any other examples of a player coming back from 18 months out and doing well?
Danny Ings? Im sure he was out for a year then back few months then out for nearly another year, though everytime he goes down saints fans arrange the funeral!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back