2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
….understand Gbamin has impressed the coaches in training. Disappointing that isn’t translating itself to involvement in the team.

Tbf mate, he has had continued mad issues. A quad thing recently, sure he had toothache a few weeks back as well haha.

Hope we see him in some way tonight but doubt we will.

It's been a very long three years.

Let it go.

He only signed in 2019 :D

Oh look, he's on his last chance. But it isn't through any fault of his own. It started with awful management from Silva of a player who himself said he wasn't fit, and then our crap medical team deciding against surgery on a problem that could have been fixed and recovered from in the space of 6-8 weeks.

It's a proper stinker that he looks like he'll miss tonight because these are the games we need him to play in and build up his fitness, but we're already massively short as it is so if he misses today but is fit for the next 3-4 weeks in case there's other injuries in midfield then it's better to be cautious.

We need a new midfielder, like we need a new winger and a right-back.

He only signed in 2019 :D

Oh look, he's on his last chance. But it isn't through any fault of his own. It started with awful management from Silva of a player who himself said he wasn't fit, and then our crap medical team deciding against surgery on a problem that could have been fixed and recovered from in the space of 6-8 weeks.

It's a proper stinker that he looks like he'll miss tonight because these are the games we need him to play in and build up his fitness, but we're already massively short as it is so if he misses today but is fit for the next 3-4 weeks in case there's other injuries in midfield then it's better to be cautious.

We need a new midfielder, like we need a new winger and a right-back.
I was thinking he'd been here since 2018, so I suppose it's not quite that bad.

I'm repeating myself, but I would have thought that a loan move to a slower league was the best move, to give him some chance of rebuilding himself. Watching him try to get the ball down at Huddersfield, he'd get eaten alive in the Premier League.

I was thinking he'd been here since 2018, so I suppose it's not quite that bad.

I'm repeating myself, but I would have thought that a loan move to a slower league was the best move, to give him some chance of rebuilding himself. Watching him try to get the ball down at Huddersfield, he'd get eaten alive in the Premier League.

I think if we had the numbers in midfield it could have been an option but we really don't.

That was his first start in two years tbf, and he ended up doing the full 90. It was no surprise he looked way off it.

I think if we had the numbers in midfield it could have been an option but we really don't.

That was his first start in two years tbf, and he ended up doing the full 90. It was no surprise he looked way off it.
For what he'll likely end up contributing this season, I'd have let him go.

Maybe that's why I don't get to wear the designer ripped jeans, though.

We need him to get playing. He can replace Allan who is beginning to annoy me now, he looked a serious player at Napoli but dare I say it is like a slug for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.