2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be ironic and quite funny if sometime over the next few weeks Gomes Gbamin and Delph started together. This is highly unlikely to happen due to their various injury issues. However Allan will need a rest at some point and most people think these 3 are all better than Davies. The 3 midfielders bought in the disastrous summer 2019. Even better if they clicked and we dominated the game. If this isn't a false dawn I also like the fact he can play CB. I personally think he'll play well today as it is his chance to prove his worth, just hope he doesn't over do it. He was bought to replace Gueye but from the little bits I seen in pre season he looks better both on and with the ball. Allan and Davies can do the messy stuff of winning the ball.

Wouldn't it be ironic and quite funny if sometime over the next few weeks Gomes Gbamin and Delph started together. This is highly unlikely to happen due to their various injury issues. However Allan will need a rest at some point and most people think these 3 are all better than Davies. The 3 midfielders bought in the disastrous summer 2019. Even better if they clicked and we dominated the game. If this isn't a false dawn I also like the fact he can play CB. I personally think he'll play well today as it is his chance to prove his worth, just hope he doesn't over do it. He was bought to replace Gueye but from the little bits I seen in pre season he looks better both on and with the ball. Allan and Davies can do the messy stuff of winning the ball.
Delph, Gomes and Gbamin… What an absolutely horrendous trio

Allan is definitely going to need a rest at some point so like you said, we need options back and sharpish

Allan is definitely going to need a rest at some point so like you said, we need options back and sharpish

Well the only other midfielder we have that I didn't mention is Doucoure and we've already run him into the ground. The other option is Onyango but he has virtually no experience and is only just coming back from injury himself. The other midfielders in the u23s are all too lightweight at the moment and if we are honest probably not good enough.

Well the only other midfielder we have that I didn't mention is Doucoure and we've already run him into the ground. The other option is Onyango but he has virtually no experience and is only just coming back from injury himself. The other midfielders in the u23s are all too lightweight at the moment and if we are honest probably not good enough.

Definitely, which leaves us with Delph, Davies and Gomes. It's vital that Gbamin gets minutes under his belt asap to see if he can cope with the demands physically.

Definitely, which leaves us with Delph, Davies and Gomes. It's vital that Gbamin gets minutes under his belt asap to see if he can cope with the demands physically.

I think Benitez has wasted a few opportunities to give him cameos in the games he's been available for. They obviously don't view u23s games as useful either. The problem with our midfielders is Doucoure apart I can't see any of them scoring which puts more pressure on the forwards to always be on their game.

In his career before coming to us he played the following amount of games per season in the league alone

30, 33, 26, 25, 30, 31

But yeah, he was injury prone and a “knocker”.

Yeah, thanks. You proved my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.