Jelavic- Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

Should he stay or should he go

• Give the boy a chance- Stay

Votes: 219 75.5%
  • Get rid now before its to late

Votes: 49 16.9%
  • Not bothered- Cheese On Toast Lid

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can only score you will never be a good footballer. You need something else so you can benefit your team every minute.

Unfortunately Jelavic's game is too specialized to survive in today's football. If he was 15 years younger...

This would be the whole 'there's no room in modern football for a poacher' argument again... Me and pippo inzaghi disagree

This would be the whole 'there's no room in modern football for a poacher' argument again... Me and pippo inzaghi disagree

Tell him to survive one season in the prem without a broken leg. I guess within 10 games people will say this Italian does nothing but keep being offside 4 times a game and only sits on the grass and throwing his arms up when he is challenged physically for the ball.

Not to mention defenders like shawcross probably will break his leg into two halves in a desperate tackle (to be fair, though, Italian do these things much, much more frequently, though they do that for tactical reasons).

Maybe, just maybe, Jelavic could thrive again in a less physical league, like Serie A. However his performance in Euro 2012 just shows how ineffectual he could be: the Croatian team was essentially playing with 10 men, with Mandzukic doing everything our dear poacher could and everything our dear poacher couldn't.

I still have a soft spot for Jelavic and prefer to believe Moyes ruined him last season. A new manager, enhanced confidence and away we go

I still have a soft spot for Jelavic and prefer to believe Moyes ruined him last season. A new manager, enhanced confidence and away we go

His game became so different last season that I refuse to believe that he's just gone ****e overnight.

I think if your gonna base your game on being a poacher, Top slotter, yet crap at everything else then you HAVE to make sure your always slotting. If he can't guarantee the goals...he doesn't offer much else!

I was never a yak lover, but hell...for all that guys faults, and even after that big injury, and I'm sure even now....whatever he's doing or NOT doing on a football pitch, he guaranteed goals when the ball fell at his feet!

People thinking a player with no pace, no touch, no skill, no awareness to stay onside/upright and apparently no confidence will somehow bang in 15 goals for us next season is optimism at it's finest, truly.

People thinking that a lad who scored 15 goals in his first 25 Everton appearances somehow did it all by sheer luck is pessimism at it's finest.

If someone comes in with a bid of £8m or £9m, majority up front, AND there is a viable replacement to be had, then consider the sale. Otherwise, he stays until AT LEAST January, because not so long ago we were all saying THIS about him: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/04/30/jelavic-beats-greats-to-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back