Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it, he wants £150,000 per week, for me me he can go swing.

Bernard was on £120k, i agree though that is a lot, hed cost us 8 mill a year, on a four year contract thats 32 mill & i wouldn't be breaking our wage structure for the lid. The other thing to consider is he has no resale - we've been down that road with Walcott, so the juice has to be worth the squeeze, i'd suggest this is why Moyes isnt prepared to meet his demands.

Bernard was on £120k, i agree though that is a lot, hed cost us 8 mill a year, on a four year contract thats 32 mill & i wouldn't be breaking our wage structure for the lid. The other thing to consider is he has no resale - we've been down that road with Walcott, so the juice has to be worth the squeeze, i'd suggest this is why Moyes isnt prepared to meet his demands.

Per Echo wants a long term contract, another addition to our deadwood pile we cannot get rid of.

Per Echo wants a long term contract, another addition to our deadwood pile we cannot get rid of.

Hes a good player, i wouldnt mind him, but with no resale id be looking at something more reasonable then 8 mill a season, Richarlison for example was on £4.68 mill a year and while Lingard wouldn't carry the additional ammortisation 3 mill a year is a lot in terms of premium for someone who is unlikely to repay that investment if they were sold on - strikes me a bit like the Walcott deal. What bodes well is we did a great value deal for Jamo T.

We've clawed back £42 mill a year in costs so far this window, i dont know if id be throwing 8 mill of it at this deal.

Lingard was an England international when he signed his last deal at utd. His career has fallen off a cliff since then. His next salary needs to be on a basic plus appearance bonus for anyone that signs him.
He may have a swan song or you may be signing the next David Bentley who’s career effectively ended before it should. There’s no guarantee.

The whole “appearance bonus” is a bit of a myth, players don’t sign these contracts generally. Maybe really old players have a clause in the contract saying that they get a bonus after 10 games or something, sometimes that have an automatic contract renewal after a certain number of games. But a player like Lingard, who hasn’t had a major injury in a while is unlikely to sign such a contract.
Signing every player is a gamble, he is in a position to ask for whatever he ( or his agent) thinks he is worth, he was reported to have been on £75k per week at Man Utd, it’s reported that he wants double that now, which you could look at it and say, if we were signing him for £16m and then signing him on a 4 year deal at £75k it’s basically the same as signing him for free on a 4 year deal at £150k

No quotes and an ‘unknown source’ written in the sun! Not very believable imo. It’s nonsense from a kopite that wants to wind up Evertonians, sabotage the free transfer, and annoy Lingard all in one go.

I think he’d be a good Siggy replacement and that he’s worth getting on a free. His actual value is probably around 30 million.
Siggy replacement you say? A focus for fans venom and just when you think his unpopularity couldn’t get any lower…

I believe he wants 80k per week. Rubbish I am just joining in with the stupid guesses people like to type on here. If Frank wants him he is welcome. Is he any good? Well maybe good enough for us given how crap we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.