• Quite good

• Average at best

• Poor

• Overrated ponce

• Chico on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
White is a div, but the 'Totaliser', (whatever it's called), is far worse. It encapsulates everything that stinks about Sky's obsession with money rather than the game. Meanwhile the transfer window should be open immediately after the last games of a season & end one week before the next season starts. As for the January window, combine it with a playing break of 2 weeks maximum. Cut out all this nonsense with players not trying, feigning injury and disrupting team planning - well some of it anyway.

I agree but those making the decisions. possibly getting back handers, won't change it now unless we change them but that would be democracy which money people just don't understand.

Pride of place I believe. Came about due to a campaign from Giles Smith of The Times. Tried to get the pillow in to the museum too from Ian Holloway's "battle bus" when he did the "ten in ten" games for Sky last season - but without avail sadly

Giles Smith working for Murdoch's mouth piece the Times............promoting an employee of Murdoch's Sky................to be honoured in Murdoch's owned game of footballs, museum..............arrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

That US/Aussie/Brit should be dead by now having married Jerry Hall 25 years his junior:D

Many thanks for that but I won't defend it, anyone taking objection to that in a thread where others have disgust the best way for cooking babies needs seeing to, PC pratlol
You have got me all wrong there, monty.
I was not objecting to your use of the noun 'ponce', which I thought was very apt and amusing. I was actually objecting to those who objected to it being used, and calling it homophobic.
But when re-reading my post, i don't believe i actually put it over particularly well.
Ah well, I'll try a bit better next time.
For the record, I have little time for the extremes of PC, as most of the time it is just a weapon to be pre-judgemental, and holds society back as much as it helps promote awareness of minorities and is in too many cases used falsely.
But you are correct in one aspect, i actually am a prat.

Odd, you pick on that but have no objection to how babies are cooked

I don't, neither. I'm not eating them raw, only ponces, weirdos & kopites do that. :mad:

chile-waldo-ponce-624-panini-south-africa-2010-fifa-world-cup-sticker-38652-p.jpg

Ponce.

Just knew the commentators'd call him 'pon-say' in the 2010 world cup, the big ponces.

And you confirm roundly you have no idea what context or connotation is.

My context was in old non pc mother tongue,,,,,,,,,,,,a ponce being someone who does very little, loves themselves and is basically worthless.........that's right Jim White.

Now about those babies..................your explanation is

You have got me all wrong there, monty.
I was not objecting to your use of the noun 'ponce', which I thought was very apt and amusing. I was actually objecting to those who objected to it being used, and calling it homophobic.
But when re-reading my post, i don't believe i actually put it over particularly well.
Ah well, I'll try a bit better next time.
For the record, I have little time for the extremes of PC, as most of the time it is just a weapon to be pre-judgemental, and holds society back as much as it helps promote awareness of minorities and is in too many cases used falsely.
But you are correct in one aspect, i actually am a prat.

Ok BBC thanks

for

I'm waiting

OK then, since you asked for it.

"Chico" isn't inherently derogatory. It means "boy". Also, in context, it refers to a username on this site. Therefore, it is either used as a neutral descriptive noun or, in your case, in jest.

"Ponce", at it's core, is a derogatory term for either a homosexual, or to dismiss the perceived masculinity of a male and equate them negatively to a homosexual. It has other meanings, but all of which are archaic, as is the word itself, but it still finds usage mainly in terms of its' negative connotations towards homosexuals.

I've already acknowledged that it is archaic, I've already acknowledged I understood it wasn't malicious, and I haven't reported it. However, using such words, even casually, reinforced the negative, so in my view it would have been better if that word in this context wasn't used.

It isn't a big deal, but as you won't shut up about it, I've had to ridiculously explain why the word wasn't ideal - and that's all it was; not ideal. Accept it, learn from it, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back