Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles performing competently in the seasons he sat on the bench patiently you mean - having two bad games here and there between Timmys disastrous performances where Timmy should have been dropped two years ago you mean?
Rightly now holding his place down - not the finished article as yet , but up there in the top four Prem keepers at the moment you mean?

Howard's gone Joey he's irrelevant.

In the top 4 keepers in the league, oh goody we are back to this rubbish again.

Hopefully Real will come in for him like was suggested in this thread and he can finally regain the National jersey from De Gea after he was ahead of him all through the age groups.

Howard's gone Joey he's irrelevant.

In the top 4 keepers in the league, oh goody we are back to this rubbish again.

Hopefully Real will come in for him like was suggested in this thread and he can finally regain the National jersey from De Gea after he was ahead of him all through the age groups.

posted by @ilikecheese Commentator said he had the best save percentage in the league.

• clear.png
    Like x 3
  • List

one game and maybe one other where Timmy was like it towards last season most games Tim stuck on the line Coward - sold three years too late!

The date Tim Howard got sold has absolutely nothing to do with my point.

As for it being one game, I could list ten without taking a breath

Robles has benefited from an extended run in the side and developed into a good GK. I can't say he has done much wrong recently and been pretty solid between the sticks. I think we have more pressing areas where we need reinforcements than GK. Perhaps one of the youth goalies may be ready to step up as No.2 in the short term. Whether or not Robles keeps the No.1 shirt is entirely down to him, and I see no reason at this time why that should happen. He was treated terribly by El Fraudo, good to see him playing with confidence.

The date Tim Howard got sold has absolutely nothing to do with my point.

As for it being one game, I could list ten without taking a breath
Why he stayed too long and put in worse performances!
Robles gives us a lot of clean sheets and you still moan at him
If he saved ten pens in your eyes he would not be good enough!

Robles has benefited from an extended run in the side and developed into a good GK. I can't say he has done much wrong recently and been pretty solid between the sticks. I think we have more pressing areas where we need reinforcements than GK. Perhaps one of the youth goalies may be ready to step up as No.2 in the short term. Whether or not Robles keeps the No.1 shirt is entirely down to him, and I see no reason at this time why that should happen. He was treated terribly by El Fraudo, good to see him playing with confidence.
True this, the emergence of Robles as a solid keeper has been one of the best things that has happened this season, need to give him a new contract in the summer.

His stats compared to David DeGea according to SofaScore. Might not be the most accurate but still speaks volumes about his recent performances. (Joel's are the color highlighted ones)
dqkhvCP.jpg

His stats compared to David DeGea according to SofaScore. Might not be the most accurate but still speaks volumes about his recent performances. (Joel's are the color highlighted ones)
dqkhvCP.jpg

He stats are great, but they dont tell the full story, if he played for any other mid table side we would name him as a possible target in the summer, but what stats dont show is how well he fits the club, the camaraderie he has with his team mates, that is very important part to being a successful player. His commanding the area and communication skills are spot on

He stats are great, but they dont tell the full story, if he played for any other mid table side we would name him as a possible target in the summer, but what stats dont show is how well he fits the club, the camaraderie he has with his team mates, that is very important part to being a successful player. His commanding the area and communication skills are spot on

That's all for the better, but you can't expect a third party to acknowledge that. His synergy with the rest of the team will only ever be fully appraised by the club fans and his colleagues. Still good to see keepers like Courtois and De Gea not even come close to his save rate on paper. And yet, I haven't really heard a buzz about him around the PL circles, it's all about the big 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back