Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
People spend all summer listing players we should buy, but the second somebody bids for 1 of ours its an outrage, OUTRAGE, always makes me giggle.

Bobby needs to get up in the morning, ring up a journo and say the magic words, "John Stones is not for sale at any price", simple.

But that's not true. If a club came up to us tomorrow and offered 50 million for Stones, the correct response would be to sign the paperwork, laugh, and cash the check.

If anything, Bobby should be ringing up a journo tomorrow morning and say "It's absolutely adorable that they think Stones is worth so little."

But that's not true. If a club came up to us tomorrow and offered 50 million for Stones, the correct response would be to sign the paperwork, laugh, and cash the check.

If anything, Bobby should be ringing up a journo tomorrow morning and say "It's absolutely adorable that they think Stones is worth so little."

Meh, wish the window was closed, I would rather sign nobody than lose JFS.

:(

Martinez's spending for players in during his time at Wigan was:

09/10 - 6.7 mil
10/11 - 9.1 mil
11/12 - 8 mil
12/13 - 8.3 mil

That's not even net spend either, in all of those seasons they received more money from player sales. So let's consider some of Moyes's good defensive signings:

Lescott - 5 mil (in total)
Jagielka - 4 mil
Baines - 6 mil (in total)
Stones - 3 mil
Oviedo - 5 mil

All of which would have been a considerable amount of Wigan's budget, the most Martinez spent on a single player in his time at Wigan was 6.5 mil. Granted no-one can deny 60k Coleman is incredible but it's an outlier, even by Moyes's impressive transfer standards while at Everton.

With that said, Martinez has only signed two defenders for Everton thus far. Alcaraz which was a failure, and Galloway, while he looks a decent prospect he's still unproven so I can't really comment on that. So the jury is very much still out, but I think directly comparing signings between Everton and Wigan is somewhat unfair.

It isn't comparable.

Wigan are minnows.

We are not

If i was Martinez, i'd go on SSN and simply say "John Stones, he is a phenomenal talent. Chelsea have insulted us with their offer. Therefore i'm putting it out there £100m and he's yours, *look into camera with his big beautiful eyes* "now...tell me Jose, do you have the stones for it?"

*drop mic, slap Jim White on the head and walk out shouting "I AM ROBERTO MARTINEZZZZZZZZZ"

But that's just my opinion.

Pretty classless by Chelsea if they asked us informally if we'd sell, and we sent a letter to them telling them that we wouldn't, and yet they still bid & made it public.

Pretty classless by Chelsea if they asked us informally if we'd sell, and we sent a letter to them telling them that we wouldn't, and yet they still bid & made it public.

Do you really believe we sent a letter in this day and age.

Surely it was done be email?? Everton need to move with the times.

Moist out!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back