Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm serious few people saying on Twitter mate

upload_2015-7-21_11-25-34.webp

Just checked that myself Bungle.

Stones gong nowhere ffs everybody is just shitting themselves and papers are clutching onto nothing making stuff up

Fume! another season being scuppered before it's even began! wish we could hold out for one more season with Stones!

We will see one more season out of him.

As somebody wrote in the thread, it makes more sense for him to stay here, next year the TV money does filter through and we could command a higher price for him then.

To sell him now, even though the fee is huge would be a big mistake...................if they are good at nothing else, the board seem to do OK with getting the best value for players leaving (apart from Rooney of course).

£34 million and I will be driving him myself lads, sorry but that's crazy money.
lol

you stand alone in this crazy ole world but you do make sense!

He makes no sense, if you are going to sell an asset then you wait until it at its highest possible level. If you think that Stones is going to be the best English centre half in the country and the future Captain of England then you have to back your judgement and sell him in a few years. To do anything else makes no sense at all. In effect that is what Mourinho is doing now, he knows how good this lad is going to be and that's why he is trying to buy him now. If he waits a year or two then he may get out bid for him.

I hate to use them as an example but look at Suarez, Liverpool refused to sell him when Arsenal bid £45 million and sold him a year later for £75 million. Stones's price like Suarez is going to go up therefore you tell the player and Chelsea he is not for sale at any price.

I hate to use them as an example but look at Suarez, Liverpool refused to sell him when Arsenal bid £45 million and sold him a year later for £75 million. Stones's price like Suarez is going to go up therefore you tell the player and Chelsea he is not for sale at any price.
This.

We keep for 1-2 more years, or hopefully for as long as we can before selling for a super sum. That's beneficial to us in more ways than one, don't think it needs spelling out for anybody ^^

He makes no sense, if you are going to sell an asset then you wait until it at its highest possible level. If you think that Stones is going to be the best English centre half in the country and the future Captain of England then you have to back your judgement and sell him in a few years. To do anything else makes no sense at all. In effect that is what Mourinho is doing now, he knows how good this lad is going to be and that's why he is trying to buy him now. If he waits a year or two then he may get out bid for him.

Actually you are right, as I do contradict myself here -

As somebody wrote in the thread, it makes more sense for him to stay here, next year the TV money does filter through and we could command a higher price for him then.

To sell him now, even though the fee is huge would be a big mistake...................if they are good at nothing else, the board seem to do OK with getting the best value for players leaving (apart from Rooney of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back