John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, after the way they have behaved this Summer, I don't see him ever wanting to go to Chelsea if/when he were to leave.

I think provided he stays with us until after the Euros and improves at the rate he has then bigger fish than Chelsea will be after his services...and I think Chelsea are aware of this too

I don't think Chelsea would have given up on Stones without bidding on him one last time. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to enquire about Garay before putting the last bid in in an attempt to get Stones to push for a move when they do come back again. Then when (hopefully) that doesn't work, they'll do back and get Garay before the window closes since it looks like they really do need a better set of defenders.

didn't fill me with optimisim Roberto choosing not to say whether or not Stones had handed in a transfer request in the barnsley press conference. is it so hard just to say he is not for sale and he is happy at the club? i would make him captain tomorrow night

They never asked him if he'd handed in a transfer request? I really wish people would actually listen to what is said in the presser. They basically asked him what would the club do IF he handed one in and he said "There is nothing to comment on that".

SSN saying Chelski are in for CB Garay from Zenit St.Petersburg, think they may have got the message ? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Maybe they never wanted Stone, maybe it was a charade between Bill and Jose, "You pretend to be interested in Stones, all the fans will be that wrapped up in it, when the deadline passes and we haven't sold him they will be that relieved we haven't sold him they wont notice we have spent f/all" something like that.

Maybe they never wanted Stone, maybe it was a charade between Bill and Jose, "You pretend to be interested in Stones, all the fans will be that wrapped up in it, when the deadline passes and we haven't sold him they will be that relieved we haven't sold him they wont notice we have spent f/all" something like that.

It'll be like "a new £40million pound signing"... that we already had.... hahaha

Confident he'll play tomorrow. Also pretty sure there'll be a last-gasp bid from Chelsea - probably on Monday evening. Hopefully we'll reject it and that will be that.

Lets take a little time out amid all the worry and stress of modern day living and briefly reflect on the fact that John Stones plays for Everton.

It's good that Martinez has gone for the "no comment" response now when asked about this.

Probably a good idea because whatever else he says is then dissected for a hidden meaning or message.

Think Mourinho has given up now tbh. Well played all round at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back