John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what Wood said on film at the weekend it seems to me there us no way in hell that Stones can be sold this window....even if he does put in a request.

The significant thing was that he mentioned Bill's name as being with him in not for selling zStones.

Does this signify a split in the camp.

And that Earl wants to take the dough?

After what Wood said on film at the weekend it seems to me there us no way in hell that Stones can be sold this window....even if he does put in a request.

The significant thing was that he mentioned Bill's name as being with him in not for selling zStones.

Does this signify a split in the camp.

And that Earl wants to take the dough?

Mr Green probably has a larger say at the moment....

Chelsea are in for Garay apparently. Stones stays - this is basically a done discussion. Even for Everton, selling him now would be ludicrous.

I think he'll probably go next summer too.

The issue I have at this point is there are 6 days until the window closes.

There is simply not enough time left to adequately replace him so a sale simply cannot happen without hurting us at this point.

If Stones wanted the move so much he should have handed in a request in July.

It would be a selfish d*** move to hand a request in now. I don't buy all this 'who can blame him' stuff. Not with 6 days left. I would blame him for handing a request in now, leaving it so late. EFC have done nothing but back him and made their feelings and support for him perfectly clear.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2015/08/john-stones-no-desire-leave-everton/

John Stones has no desire to leave Everton

Sources close to Everton defender John Stones have told NSNO that he has no desire to leave the club this summer.

Intense media speculation has led to numerous stories appearing in the national press that Stones is prepared to hand in a transfer request, with some outlets even running with stories that he has “begged” Roberto Martinez to let him leave Everton. However, it is believed that these are far wide of the mark and have originated from Chelsea who are trying to force a response from Stones.

The 21 year old central defender has continued about his business of playing for Everton in spite of the best interests of pundits, players, and former players around the country to press him out to make a comment, despite Everton’s resolute stance that the club do not want to sell Stones.

Chelsea will return with a big bid before the transfer window closes, to try and test Everton’s resolve, but the usually-quiet Jon Woods – who owns 23% of the club – has also told fans that neither he nor Bill Kenwright will sell the young England defender.

Roberto Martinez has also repeatedly insisted that he has no interest in selling any of his best players – of which Stones is clearly one – and now, with sources revealing to NSNO that he has no interest in leaving the club, it would seem hopeless for any suitors of Stones.

Chelsea are supposed to be looking at a fella called Garey at St Petersburg as an alternative but it could be bluff tactics to get Stones who is still 4/5 with the bookies to go to Chelsea
Garay was supposed to be a serious target for United last summer before going to Zenit. Was at Benfica before and is very highly rated and is an Argentina international. Doubt it's bluff tactics (if it is even true given it currently appears to be paper talk), more likely them looking at other options in case we do stay strong and continue to refuse to sell Stones.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2015/08/john-stones-no-desire-leave-everton/

John Stones has no desire to leave Everton

Sources close to Everton defender John Stones have told NSNO that he has no desire to leave the club this summer.

Intense media speculation has led to numerous stories appearing in the national press that Stones is prepared to hand in a transfer request, with some outlets even running with stories that he has “begged” Roberto Martinez to let him leave Everton. However, it is believed that these are far wide of the mark and have originated from Chelsea who are trying to force a response from Stones.

The 21 year old central defender has continued about his business of playing for Everton in spite of the best interests of pundits, players, and former players around the country to press him out to make a comment, despite Everton’s resolute stance that the club do not want to sell Stones.

Chelsea will return with a big bid before the transfer window closes, to try and test Everton’s resolve, but the usually-quiet Jon Woods – who owns 23% of the club – has also told fans that neither he nor Bill Kenwright will sell the young England defender.

Roberto Martinez has also repeatedly insisted that he has no interest in selling any of his best players – of which Stones is clearly one – and now, with sources revealing to NSNO that he has no interest in leaving the club, it would seem hopeless for any suitors of Stones.

So for the very last time...and listen this time Chelsea.......KOFF!

How bad is this reporting? He's apparently already handed in a transfer request but is now set to... hand in a transfer request.

The Times is reporting that Everton defender John Stones is considering handing in a transfer request to force through a move to Chelsea.

What will manager Roberto Martinez say about it during his news conference? Find out very soon...

didn't fill me with optimisim Roberto choosing not to say whether or not Stones had handed in a transfer request in the barnsley press conference. is it so hard just to say he is not for sale and he is happy at the club? i would make him captain tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back