John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we were in a position to turn down the transfer request as some have suggested, but we literally have 2 recognised centre backs. If one doesn't want to be here, is there any point in keeping him?
Can't believe it's been left til this late though.

Gutted.

I'm trying to see it from his point of view. More money and silverware is a factor no doubt. Can't help but think our total lack of ambition has probably not helped.

Oh well not a surprise. We are not big enough (anymore) to hold on to players that are wanted by richer clubs. Bet you Bill is smiling and rubbing his hands. Stepping stone is what we are and probably always will be. Ross next.

I doubt we will keep him if he has actually handed a transfer request in. However, if we do keep him, I think it will indicate that this transfer request news is fabricated.

However, i do find the irony that we're all sitting here dissing SSN 'sources' only this morning, yet now, we're sitting here cursing the world as a Sky 'Source' provides 'breaking' news.

:lol:

This is all down to the board, not a doubt in my mind. We've seen this so many times before, time to get these buffoons out of our club

It's so frustrating when, as a club, we try to build something from the ground up.
A solid, young & exciting spine that could really challenge given time.

And then, because we "can't compete financially" we have to sell our ambitions for scrap.

Can see us throwing money at [Poor language removed] Van Dyke from Celtic and Yarms now to get em over the line.

I am certain we will sign Yarmolenko and another established CB like the Inter captain as replacement now.

BK will probably let Martinez to spend the whole sum or else the riot (against him) will be...unimaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back