John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely dont see the light at the end of the tunnel for this club

You must be blind, sage.

There is a glowing light at the end of the tunnel.

It is an oncoming express train :(

This time next year it will be Barkley or Lukaku in the crosshairs of the stockpilers.

I wish I could give up being a football supporter.

I wish we were in a position to turn down the transfer request as some have suggested, but we literally have 2 recognised centre backs. If one doesn't want to be here, is there any point in keeping him?
Can't believe it's been left til this late though.

Gutted.
I can. We're Everton.

If you got offered a job with more money and possibly more global success, would you stay an extra year to just 'grow into your current role'?

Ive no strong stance on the board..

But if people are going to take the 'poor innocent John Stones forced out by our board, he doesn't want to leave, he loves the club' opinion you need to stop being so naive.
I think it's more the point we aren't giving him any reason to want to stay. As another poster said. Next year it will be Rom and Ross.

Worse thing about this is, if for example you look at the RS business they were spending in the knowledge they we gonna be getting a decent chunk of their outgoing fees back with the sale of Sterling but whilst he was still on their books they couldnt be bartered up with the fees they were paying. we on the other hand are going to be know to all in sundry that we have 30+ million to sopend with no time to do it.

A negative spend in this window would be horific to fans but my heart goes out to those who pay for this garbage over and over.

Was told this last week that it was happening so not surprised. Also by the father of one of the players after the game on Sunday, so it must be pretty common knowledge inside.

Chelsea have played the snidiest of games with the willingness of the media and that should never be forgotten. This is how modern footie is though. It's patting little Everton on the head.

One year after a five year contract and he's barely into his twenties. He thinks he's outgrown Everton.

I still wouldn't sell him. Too much water under the bridge now to sell up. Even if that means he's dropped from the team for a bit.

If we did sell then the price for every player we would subsequently go for would go up so its a hopeless task.

Hold your nerve Everton.

If you got offered a job with more money and possibly more global success, would you stay an extra year to just 'grow into your current role'?

True, but I wouldn't take 3 weeks to make up my mind and let people believe I was staying. Unless he had a complete change of heart during the Man City game. I didn't go but my mate texted me to say that Stones was last off the pitch at the end and applauded all corners of the ground. He knew there and then....?

We have a couple of options really.

Sell him and get it over with, buy some replacements and pronto because lets not forget we will only have one experienced centre back if he goes.

Tell him he is staying and then make it worth his while by actually investing in the squad and pushing on. There is no point telling/asking anybody to stay if we just end up mid table again.
Unfortunately we will take the 3rd option. We will sell him and bring in Evans and Lennon and the money will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back