John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was resigned to him leaving next season after bedding in other players and getting a decent fee.

But to lose him now, basically as a result of him being tapped up for many weeks by a club that were told privately that he wasn't for sale and when he has 4 years left on his contract, is just so, so disappointing.

Yes, we want more than they're paying for Pogba.

Why not. Price is based on demand, not on value. If a billionaire wants to buy something he can't get anywhere else and his heart is set on it you'd be a fool to sell at a reasonable price. The Terry suspension / fall from grace only raises the price by an extra 30%. Come this time next year he'll be worth even more. They want him early, thereby [Poor language removed] the start of our season up (cos we've no backup) and costing us points. Gonna cost ya.

If you got offered a job with more money and possibly more global success, would you stay an extra year to just 'grow into your current role'?

I'd argue that if you weren't ready for the promotion, but knew the opportunity would arise again, then i'd definitely decline. However, in the role of a footballer, look at Barkley, he has had zero interest this offseason, yet the season before, he had loads, so maybe he may not get another chance to earn £200k a week, and get a hefty £3m sign on bonus.

Was told this last week that it was happening so not surprised. Also by the father of one of the players after the game on Sunday, so it must be pretty common knowledge inside.

Chelsea have played the snidiest of games with the willingness of the media and that should never be forgotten. This is how modern footie is though. It's patting little Everton on the head.

One year after a five year contract and he's barely into his twenties. He thinks he's outgrown Everton.

I still wouldn't sell him. Too much water under the bridge now to sell up. Even if that means he's dropped from the team for a bit.

If we did sell then the price for every player we would subsequently go for would go up so its a hopeless task.

Hold your nerve Everton.

100% spot on.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get an undisclosed fee on this. If he goes, he goes, this is business, unfortunately we are emotionally involved with the club so we fume. Upsetting thing is how can we build, or start to build a relatively successful model, we need everyone pulling in the same direction.

Thanks John, good luck and hope it works out wherever you end up.

As suspected.

We are doing the right thing. Whatever chelski and Stones have cooked up between themselves is now being brought out into the open as it should be.

We've forced Stones to grovel. Good. Now we can force Chelski to grovel in order to keep their end of this Faustian pact they've made with him. 40m + add ons you cockney scum.

Sigh, incredibly disappointed in John Stones. Times like this I turn to Homer Simpson's 5 Stages of Grief.
1 Denial. FFS it's only SkySpurts what do they know.
2.Anger. " Why you little piece of poor language removed"
3. Fear. OMG. We've only got Jags left , what will we do.
4.Bargaining. £40 mill with 35 now rest on performance, if not our u21 side it is as we'll keep him for a year to get others interested.
5. Acceptance. Oh well, guess he'll go someday, now Between Galloway, Browning and Holgate we should find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back