John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, to hand in a transfer request so late in the window is disgusting behaviour.
Would have thought the lad had more class than that.
Obviously not.
If the board had any balls they would reject it.
Not arsed if it sounds tittish but if I seen the lad on the street I'd snap his two legs, pompous t**t.

I was resigned to him leaving next season after bedding in other players and getting a decent fee.

But to lose him now, basically as a result of him being tapped up for many weeks by a club that were told privately that he wasn't for sale and when he has 4 years left on his contract, is just so, so disappointing.

If we do lose him, it's only because the board have folded. We should stand firm. Short of an astronomical price, there is no need to sell.

7 days before the window is about to close. No doubt in my mind that the board are behind this, no doubt at all.

I actually feel a bit sick. Im gutted. My fkn son has a Stones 5 shirt too.

Just so late in the window again. I really did think he would stay for at least a year.

Really though? 2 bids from the champions? One of the world's best managers chasing him?

We've played it the only way we could have. Hold off, bump the price up, hope for more interest.

Bit jarg the timing of his request though with the cup game against his old club.

Martinez doesn't have 100% control over accepting/rejecting bids. He said he's not for sale. Now he has handed in a transfer request that may change but who knows.

How people are having a go at Martinez over this I don't know. Sadly it's not surprising.

More so the board but Martinez needs to grow a pair. He's another yes man to please bill

Chelsea were always getting encouragement from somewhere - was always likely to have been the Stones camp. He really should have been told in no uncertain terms that he is staying put regardless.
Clearly he hasn't been.

This club isnt a selling club!

Except we will spend 5 million in total in transfer fees, make it seem like we have another 20 million to spend without actually spending anything and then our in demand centre half suddenly hands a request in the week before the deadline?

This club is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back