John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looks like one of those season's unfortunately as nothing is going our way at the moment.

On what I've seen so far this season, I'd rather go with Alcaraz than Distin whilst Stones is out.

We might see some of Browning at CB with Coleman back. Sometimes these things can have upsides in the longterm - see Baines out for Oviedo last season.

Edit: it's even been good to see Besic stepping up with no McCarthy the last couple of matches actually.

It's rare that I say this, but thank fook for the international break. Coleman and McCarthy should be good to go when the season resumes and hopefully Barkley will be right behind them.
I think I saw on Sky that Barkley will be back in training on Wednesday. If so I would expect him to start against Villa.

We might see some of Browning at CB with Coleman back. Sometimes these things can have upsides in the longterm - see Baines out for Oviedo last season.
Definitely - I've really liked what I've seen but I think Distin deserves and will be given another chance.

I think I saw on Sky that Barkley will be back in training on Wednesday. If so I would expect him to start against Villa.
Yep,martinez said on friday,he expects Barkley to be bk training wednesday,but not back for the games when we come bk from international break or something

I ment..Do you suddenly think we did badly in transfer market? Your comment indicated that...

The problem with boss loan players is that they cost actual money to buy them. I think Lukaku will come good, but even at the time it seemed a lot of potaotes for him. The problem with big transfer fees is it adds the weight of expectation to players. We spent in the region of 32 million. It would have just been so much more boss to have got Lukaku for what Chelsea paid, about 18 million, and then have some money for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back