John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because he's been out injured, he won't be available for callup. Hope that's the case, anyway.

Apparently he's out for Gibraltar but available for the Germany game. Pity the fixtures weren't the other way around, as we wouldn't need to play him v Gibraltar

Didn't look too bad a landing that, went over a little, but not massively bad. He didn't seem in too much pain either...

Hopefully it'll only be a week or two.

Am I dreaming here?

No, got the same impression. Out for 3-5 weeks. International break came just in time.
Distin is well motivated to cover this place now.

Didn't look too bad a landing that, went over a little, but not massively bad. He didn't seem in too much pain either...

Hopefully it'll only be a week or two.

Am I dreaming here?

I've popped a ligament doing exactly the same thing. Landed right on my ankle when coming down. Didn't even realise it at the time, the pain wasn't too bad, was just on the floor for a few minutes until I hobbled off.

He's done his ligament too. It'll be at least two months until he gets back to training. I'd say three before he plays. Maybe with the physiotherapy he'll have available to him he'll shave a couple of weeks off that time, but it's still going to be a couple of months until he plays.

I've popped a ligament doing exactly the same thing. Landed right on my ankle when coming down. Didn't even realise it at the time, the pain wasn't too bad, was just on the floor for a few minutes until I hobbled off.

He's done his ligament too. It'll be at least two months until he gets back to training. I'd say three before he plays. Maybe with the physiotherapy he'll have available to him he'll shave a couple of weeks off that time, but it's still going to be a couple of months until he plays.
He is still very young though - probably heal quicker than say Jags would with the same injury, Lukaku recovered from his in about a month.

Agreed. I did my ankle in, Fracture and ligaments. No therapy and I was running in 6 weeks, playing in 8 weeks. Hoping he's back a bit sonner, but it'll be some time.

Villa is going to be an very big game now and they have speed to burn on the counter (see crystal palace)

17th in the PL - Do you mend your bridges with the AWOL CB or go with Jags and Birdman/Hibbo???

Interesting days ahead now but that,s why Bobby gets paid the BIG BUCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back