John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa is going to be an very big game now and they have speed to burn on the counter (see crystal palace)

17th in the PL - Do you mend your bridges with the AWOL CB or go with Jags and Birdman/Hibbo???

Interesting days ahead now but that,s why Bobby gets paid the BIG BUCKS.

Browning at centre back for me.

Agbonglahor running at Alcaraz? No thanks.

Sh*te. Is Distin really AWOL? He doesn't come accross as that sort of player. If Martinez gave him the rocket and gave him some time off then that's fair enough. He has been pretty drivel this season. He's a good player for us tho and him and Jags have been immense for years. He deserves games in the absence of Stones.

Has Barry ever played CB? I seem to remember him doing so for villa years ago. He'd do a job with Besic and Mcarthy in front. Only problem is his pace.

Sh*te. Is Distin really AWOL? He doesn't come accross as that sort of player. If Martinez gave him the rocket and gave him some time off then that's fair enough. He has been pretty drivel this season. He's a good player for us tho and him and Jags have been immense for years. He deserves games in the absence of Stones.
Did you not read the post before yours lid?

Has Barry ever played CB? I seem to remember him doing so for villa years ago. He'd do a job with Besic and Mcarthy in front. Only problem is his pace.
He's already played as the left CB a couple of times this season, as you say that is a role he's played in earlier in his career as well.

Edit I'd also trust Andy Hunter from the Guardian a lot more than NSNO.

Last edited:
He's already played as the left CB a couple of times this season, as you say that is a role he's played in earlier in his career as well.
Aye. Maybe better to go with Distin if he's fit tho due to his pace especially against villa. It'd be a big gamble for Martinez to go with Besic at CB.

Gutted for Stones, he's been by far our best cb this season imo. Should have done more for the Falcao goal mind, still fuming about that. Nobody had a f*cking clue where he was. Here you are mate, have a goal.

Aye. Maybe better to go with Distin if he's fit tho due to his pace especially against villa. It'd be a big gamble for Martinez to go with Besic at CB.

Gutted for Stones, he's been by far our best cb this season imo. Should have done more for the Falcao goal mind, still fuming about that. Nobody had a f*cking clue where he was. Here you are mate, have a goal.
Don't think we'll see Besic at CB unless our injury crisis gets much worse as guess all of Alcaraz, Browning, Barry and possibly even Galloway would be chosen ahead of him. A strong defensive midfield is even more important when your first choice CBs are missing.

It is a real shame for Stones, about the silver lining is the timing due to the two international breaks coming up and our in theory "easier" upcoming games. He'll be a big miss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back