• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what happens when we get like this over one of our players

Normally, they are a Rodwell, or a Gosling or Barkley and are unproven and still potential when we lose the plot over a player..

Stones is already way beyond simply potential, he's already a top defender, the potential he has is that he could continue being this good and iron out a few minor issues, im not sure how much better we could hope for him to be tbh

Stones is already way beyond simply potential, he's already a top defender, the potential he has is that he could continue being this good and iron out a few minor issues, im not sure how much better we could hope for him to be tbh

Having seen his last 15/20 games for United you could be describing Luke Shaw, look at where he is now pal, this is Football don't get too carried away. A kick in the bollox isn't normally too far away when everything is going right.

Just for the record.

Dear Spadge

Reference xxxx xxxxxx

Thanks for contacting us again regarding BBC One’s ‘Match of the Day’ on 8 August.

We’re sorry for the delay in responding and that you were unhappy with our original response.

On the programme, Gary asked the expert pundits:

“The question I’ve got to ask really here is if you were John Stones, or his advisors or his family would you recommend he stays or recommend he goes to Chelsea?”

Alan responded:

“If Everton decide to sell him, I think it would be a fantastic move if he went to Chelsea. For two reasons, one because he would be playing under the best manager in the Premier League, and two, he’d be sitting, watching, learning off the best centre half there has been in the Premier League in John Terry. And for that reason I think he’d improve, get better. I think if Everton were to sell him I think it would be a great move for him.”

We felt that this was a valid question and answer. We weren't trying to ‘sell’ the player, rather we were discussing a topic that was on the minds of many fans at that time.

We’re sorry if you were unhappy about this and if you wish to escalate your complaint to Stage 2 of the BBC's published complaints process you may do so by writing within 20 working days to the following address requesting a Stage 2 complaint escalation, setting out succinctly why you remain unhappy, what you feel the BBC should do to resolve the matter, and quoting your complaint case number:

Mr Neil Land

BBC Sport Business Manager

3rd Floor, BBC Quay House

MediaCityUK

Salford

M50 2QH

neil.land@bbc.co.uk

Kind regards

Stuart Webb

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

At the time it was not an reasonable question or an unreasonable answer or an unreasonable opinon.
Not one I agree with , but there you go.

As Evertonians it is difficult to be seen as not one of the big clubs, but that is the way many see us now.
That is why so many could not comprehend us refusing to sell the player . I think Chelsea fell into the same trap.

I don't think that SKY have fully realised that all the money they are pumping into the Premiership allows clubs to refuse to sell on money grounds alone.
Football is changing and the results we see each week reflect that change.
Any of the so called CL clubs can be beaten on any week by any of the so called lesser teams.
I think RM called it correctly when he said the premiership would be won with fewer points than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back