• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me alot of Rio Ferdinand. Stones wont reach his prime until hes 26/27, still a lot to learn but we have one outstsnding footballer at our club

Manchester Evening News casually mentioning that he was "forced out of his Widnes home by disgruntled Everton fans" again, as if it were undisputed fact now, when it's all based on a completely jarg article from the S*n

The state of sports journalism makes me really sad.

It's reached the point now where I expect a world class performance from Stones, and if it doesn't happen it's unusual

His performances are at the level where he should be MOTM in more or less every game he plays, but because we're accustomed to that sort of level or performance from him, we almost take it for granted.

Even at this early stage in his career he's the best defender I've ever seen play for us. (I was born in 1981, so never really appreciated Ratcliffe at the time)

He won't be here forever, but the boy was born to play for Barcelona I think. Chelsea, Man Utd etc would be a waste of his footballing ability.

He was good, but I can't remember him being this good at this age. Stones genuinely could go on to become the best English defender of the last 30 years

Ferdinand was okay, not worth what was paid for him.
Stones is a much more natural footballer, no it the least bit manufactured... Imo

Ferdinand not that good?
I've read it all now.

That chest down from the right wing cross on Saturday was just scary composure.

Let's enjoy this last season with him.

He is way too good for us, and that's the sad reality of our current situation.

Also, Rio was world class, proper proper top draw defender, im not sure how anyone with eyes can deny that, but each to their own like.
Glad someone agrees with me mate. He was a very good player when he was 21, but didnt come into his prime until he was 25/26. Stones can, and will, reach his standard Im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back