• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
On present form, best CB in England, bar none. He was absolutely fantastic today. It will be extremely hard for us to hold onto this lad, unless we qualify for the CL, and/or win a cup (FA preferably of course)

I would like to think that we might be able to hold on to him IF and it is a big if, we can see Barkley, Galloway, Lukaku, Del and hopefully one or two more continue to hit the heights. A squad of similar aged quality might see him realise his and our dreams of success.

Was with my old man today, nattering about stuff and that. (80)

"Up there with Labone this lad could be, and he was a footballer."

Not one for lobbing praise or platitudes around my old man. Talk about keeping feet on the ground!
ball playing CB was Labby, but knew how to tackle hard, anticipate danger, and is still my favourite EFC CB..oh and a superb captain as well ..different eras I know but to be linked with Labone is praise indeed

ball playing CB was Labby, but knew how to tackle hard, anticipate danger, and is still my favourite EFC CB..oh and a superb captain as well ..different eras I know but to be linked with Labone is pramentise indeed

He reminds me so much of Labby.

Never saw him play, so my old mans comment seems to chime with you lads.

Will do for me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back