• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just said this in the Rom thread, but Stones is the one we need to go all out to keep.

Getting Barkley signed up should be easy enough, but this lad is the one to now build the team around. Build it from the back and work forward.

Get a new deal on the table, and show our intent with a few quality signings. Rom's mind is made up and after his comments I don't think he'll be welcomed back any time soon.

Just said this in the Rom thread, but Stones is the one we need to go all out to keep.

Getting Barkley signed up should be easy enough, but this lad is the one to now build the team around. Build it from the back and work forward.

Get a new deal on the table, and show our intent with a few quality signings. Rom's mind is made up and after his comments I don't think he'll be welcomed back any time soon.

Agree.
Much as I'd like Rom to stfu and get back to trying to improve his game and score goals for Everton, the retention and improvement of both Ross and JS is far, far, far more important to us as a club.

I couldn't blame John Stones for leaving. He doesn't owe us anything and put yourself in his shoes, to work under Pep Guardiola and learn from him would be an amazing opportunity. If I was him and they put a clause in my contract that I must play in at least 30 games I would leave.

I couldn't blame John Stones for leaving. He doesn't owe us anything and put yourself in his shoes, to work under Pep Guardiola and learn from him would be an amazing opportunity. If I was him and they put a clause in my contract that I must play in at least 30 games I would leave.

In terms if learning the art of defending Koeman is, in my opinion, the smarter choice for Stones than Guardiola. His career as a defender was absolutely outstanding. Not saying Guardiola isn't a great tutor, but for pure defending it's got to be Dutch Ronald.

In terms if learning the art of defending Koeman is, in my opinion, the smarter choice for Stones than Guardiola. His career as a defender was absolutely outstanding. Not saying Guardiola isn't a great tutor, but for pure defending it's got to be Dutch Ronald.

Agreed. I actually think Pep will struggle to adapt to the English game. The winter months are a slog.

Said it before and most of us have too,if a player wants to go ..then go.
But after the transfer request was turned down last season John Stones went about the games he played as a true professional.
I would love him to stay with us and see him develop into a stalwart for Our club and his country, no doubts this lad is CLASS.

If "learning" how to perfect his game as a centre back is his aim I would suggest Ronald Koeman would be just as capable of helping, if not more so, than Guardiola.

If he goes to City, learning owt from Guardiola will be well down his list of reasons.

Moolah will be the foremost reason for him going there.

As an aside, I am having difficulty with some of our friends on here being so sympathetic to the whims of John Stones to the detriment of our own club.

IMO the only interest any of us should have in John Stones is how he applies himself in an Everton shirt and what role he can play in our hoped for rennaisance......be that on the pitch playing for us or us screwing the last halfpenny out of any club he wants to move to and re-investing the dough.

To suggest he "doesn't owe us anything" is akin to saying EFC itself didn't give him an "amazing opportunity" when we plucked him from the football backwater that is Barnsley.

I do believe we snatched him from under the noses of.......Bobby's Wigan.

And in fairness to Bobby, it was Bobby and EFC wot converted him to centre back and gave him the chance to shine, mistakes and all, without which his progress would not have been so rapid.

In short.....John Stones owes a heck of a lot to Everton FC.

And if he is too entitled to realise that, at the very least our own fans ought to.

We are toughening up in the boardroom as Saints have just discovered.....we have a manager who will toughen things up in the dressing room.

Time for the fans to toughen up and stop acting like Uriah Heep over Stones.

If "learning" how to perfect his game as a centre back is his aim I would suggest Ronald Koeman would be just as capable of helping, if not more so, than Guardiola.

If he goes to City, learning owt from Guardiola will be well down his list of reasons.

Moulah will be the foremost reason for him going there.

As an aside, I am having difficulty with some of our friends on here being so sympathetic to the whims of John Stones to the detriment of our own club.

IMO the only interest any of us should have in John Stones is how he applies himself in an Everton shirt and what role he can play in our hoped for rennaisance......be that on the pitch playing for us or us screwing the last halfpenny out of any club he wants to move to and re-investing the dough.

To suggest he "doesn't owe us anything" is akin to saying EFC itself didn't give him an "amazing opportunity" when we plucked him from the football backwater that is Barnsley.

I do believe we snatched him from under the noses of.......Bobby's Wigan.

And in fairness to Bobby, it was Bobby and EFC wot converted him to centre back and gave him the chance to shine, mistakes and all, without which his progress would not have been so rapid.

In short.....John Stones owes a heck of a lot to Everton FC.

And if he is too entitled to realise that, at the very least our own fans ought to.

We are toughening up in the boardroom as Saints have just discovered.....we have a manager who will toughen things up in the dressing room.

Time for the fans to toughen up and stop acting like Uriah Heep over Stones.

Well said Khal.
I think with our new owner and new manager, the days of Everton being a pushover, on and/or off the field, are on the wane.
As you say Southampton, no disrespect to them, were unable to stave off a focussed and determined drive to secure Ronald Koeman.
Clubs thinking they can and will be able to cherry pick any Everton players are going to run into a monumental brick wall, backed up by a determination, that if suitors continue as Chelski tried last season, to rebuff such unsolicited bids.

Only if the manager decides that a player situation is past rescue or that any player doesn't fit with his vision of the new Everton will bids be considered and absolute top dollar extracted from the chasing club.

The wind of change that's been needed for years is now a-blowin' and it's strengthening.

Well said Khal.
I think with our new owner and new manager, the days of Everton being a pushover, on and/or off the field, are on the wane.
As you say Southampton, no disrespect to them, were unable to stave off a focussed and determined drive to secure Ronald Koeman.
Clubs thinking they can and will be able to cherry pick any Everton players are going to run into a monumental brick wall, backed up by a determination, that if suitors continue as Chelski tried last season, to rebuff such unsolicited bids.

Only if the manager decides that a player situation is past rescue or that any player doesn't fit with his vision of the new Everton will bids be considered and absolute top dollar extracted from the chasing club.

The wind of change that's been needed for years is now a-blowin' and it's strengthening.

Yay to that, Andy...;)

Well said Khal.

Hope so mate ;)

Im not sure Stones is going to become what we all want him to be. For the money chelsea offered us last summer, we could get two really good CBs and Im not sure how smart it would be to keep him if another offer in the same vain is on the table. We could have sold him last summer, and gotten Van Dijk with money to spare, a player I atm rate higher than Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back