• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of City fans seem to be talking about Stones, his best position, style and how Guardiola will use him etc like he's one of their own players! I must have missed the sale.

Tell him he's going nowhere and offer him a new contract on £80-90k a week with a £60mill release clause. If he carries on developing into a world class player there will always be a top team willing to pay that. If he doesnt sign it he can spend the next 3 years on £30k a week.

A lot of City fans seem to be talking about Stones, his best position, style and how Guardiola will use him etc like he's one of their own players! I must have missed the sale.

Tell him he's going nowhere and offer him a new contract on £80-90k a week with a £60mill release clause. If he carries on developing into a world class player there will always be a top team willing to pay that. If he doesnt sign it he can spend the next 3 years on £30k a week.
Deja vu Chelsea fans 12 months ago...

Just extended his contract with Bilbao.

Release clause now up to 70 million.

Yep saw that yesterday.

As of Sunday the deal was agreed with City, but Laporte decided to extend his current deal (think AB have offered him a club record deal). Apparently there's loads of surprise from the City end of that deal as well - they thought it was done.

Suppose Stones could be back on then

If Pep comes in for him you wouldn't blame him for wanting to go.

I'd still offer him the new deal, mind, but yeh, would be a hard sell I imagine

Will be truly interesting to see, if Stones stays, how he progresses under a manager who has any idea how the defensive side of the game works. You'd think working with Koeman would be a great learning tutelage for him.
Agree with this, and if he can contribute the odd 30 yard pile driver now and again, all the better.

Yep saw that yesterday.

As of Sunday the deal was agreed with City, but Laporte decided to extend his current deal (think AB have offered him a club record deal). Apparently there's loads of surprise from the City end of that deal as well - they thought it was done.

Suppose Stones could be back on then

Was never off, they want both

Was never off, they want both

Yeh I know it was never strictly 'off', but the likelihood of them getting both this summer never looked high - and they made their first choice in going for Laporte (who they'd supposedly verbally agreed the deal with as early as March).

Pep won't come in and partner two 22-year-olds together, of that I'm sure.

I'm also pretty sure they will make a move for Stones in the next few weeks, probably after the Euros. At that point I'm sure Koeman will sit down with Stones (possibly will do this before then) and outline why he is key to his plans etc (which I'm sure will be the case). And he'll either stay and sign a new deal or he'll go and we'll get shed loads.

Wouldn't sell the lad for anything other than ridiculous money. Payet's agent just quoted £60m, he's 29 and won't ever be as good as he is right now. Stones is boss NOW, and under a half decent manager he'd of been overhyped last season. Under Koeman he could be seriously special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back