• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Askam (Manc Evening News) just tweeted that Stones to City is increasingly likely. Long way to go but player's mind is made up...

:dodgy:

Cannot believe the amount people are slating Lukaku while Stones gets off lightly in comparison. The former has stated his ambition to win things and play in Europe, the latter has handed in a transfer request and shown his arse at the first sign of interest.

I know who i'd rather sell.

Leaving or not, still of the opinion he is going to be one of the best.

Would be nice to have him stay but i think the ship has sailed, he has been near silent since the transfer request or as martinez put it "john didnt mean to put in a request, he just slipped and signed the piece of paper infront of him by accident and posted it through bills door".

I think its a done deal. Unfortunately.

Richard Askam (Manc Evening News) just tweeted that Stones to City is increasingly likely. Long way to go but player's mind is made up...

:dodgy:
His mind was made up to leave a year ago, the fact we had a crap season would have hardened that resolve and despite the takeover he wants the success now at a club already established rather than wait and see if it happens here. £50m is good business but will be a shame to see him go but it sounds like that £50m finances the wages of our signings so no reason to worry.

He stays then everyone's expectations of what we will do this summer will have to be reigned in massively mate.

We sell him and do a complete overhaul of the squad and large parts of the first team and with genuinely top level players, or we keep him and maybe add one or two good level players and the rest will be very much in the mde we normally do business

sounds fine by me

please stay

If he goes I'll be a bit gutted, but so be it. And hopefully now that we are supposed to have cash to splash, I'd like us to get a replacement centre back (or two) in first and then sell. Thats the way to do it if you can. In the past we've nearly always had to sell first (and sell late in the window which brings its own problems).

Cannot believe the amount people are slating Lukaku while Stones gets off lightly in comparison. The former has stated his ambition to win things and play in Europe, the latter has handed in a transfer request and shown his arse at the first sign of interest.

I know who i'd rather sell.

Lukaku has said he is too big for the club and said he wants to leave. Stones has kept his mouth shut, put in a request a while back, whether rightly or wrongly. I would rather have a player who handed in a request and kept his mouth shut, as thats the official route to go, than a player who has said he's too big for the club, him and his dad telling us he will be leaving for bigger clubs soon. I know which is worse for me.

50m would be the biggest crime in football history. You can get a world class centre back for 10m :lol: No idea why anybody wants to give us 50m for him! Huth won the league with Leicester by 10 points and what did he cost? About 5m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back