• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player needs to be sold to progress then its Stones who goes for me.
Stones is a luxury we simply don't need. It's a pleasure to watch him play and he will be one of the best in his position one day but we don't need defenders who can do Cruyff turns in their own box and that is ultimately what sets Stones apart from others. We need defenders who can defend and there are plenty of those about. There aren't plenty 25 goal a season 23 year olds to pick from though and goals win games.

If a player needs to be sold to progress then its Stones who goes for me.
Stones is a luxury we simply don't need. It's a pleasure to watch him play and he will be one of the best in his position one day but we don't need defenders who can do Cruyff turns in their own box and that is ultimately what sets Stones apart from others. We need defenders who can defend and there are plenty of those about. There aren't plenty 25 goal a season 23 year olds to pick from though and goals win games.

I grudgingly agree with this

I actually think Stones will be a much better defender than Lukaku will striker (I believe Stones will go on to become one of the top 4 or 5 centre backs in the world), but having a player like that is a slight luxury and good defenders are easier (and cheaper) to find than 20-30 goal a season strikers

You don't sell your best players. The days of us needing a quick chunk of change from a sale of a top player are gone.

He may of lost his way of late, but Stones is a wonderful player and for me, one of the best defenders in europe. Form is temporary.... the lad is world class. With Koeman arriving, his staff, his tactics and different training methods he brings, I can't help but think under koeman, Stones would be the first name on the teamsheet.

No matter what has gone on, we don't need to sell. Trying to build a team. We will get this with Koeman.

If Stones has had his head turned then I think there is no going back. He has never once come out to say he wants to stay, and that's the biggest tell for me, I am afraid. He wants to go, and unless Pep Guardiola ditches City for us - and brings Sheikh Mansour with him - Stones will not want to be at Everton. Let him go, the ungrateful tvat.

You don't sell your best players. The days of us needing a quick chunk of change from a sale of a top player are gone.

He may of lost his way of late, but Stones is a wonderful player and for me, one of the best defenders in europe. Form is temporary.... the lad is world class. With Koeman arriving, his staff, his tactics and different training methods he brings, I can't help but think under koeman, Stones would be the first name on the teamsheet.

No matter what has gone on, we don't need to sell. Trying to build a team. We will get this with Koeman.

This is true. We're all hopeful he stays.

But this isn't sell to buy mate, you must understand that.\

We can afford to go and get 3 x £30mil players without having to sell a major player, but we do need a large influx of revenue if we are to do that in order to keep within the current FFP restraints.

The best, most sustainable way to do that is through improved commercial deals - but they are a long-term thing. In the immediacy, the quickest way to get a large influx of revenue is by selling a major player.

Now, if Stones doesn't want to go and he's told Koeman that, then we may not sell. But IMO the likelihood is if that a £50mil bid comes in we may well do, as much as I want him to stay.

We'll just have to wait and see.

If Stones has had his head turned then I think there is no going back. He has never once come out to say he wants to stay, and that's the biggest tell for me, I am afraid. He wants to go, and unless Pep Guardiola ditches City for us - and brings Sheikh Mansour with him - Stones will not want to be at Everton. Let him go, the ungrateful tvat.

Bar his transfer request last year (which was declined - no need to rescind it, btw), he hasn't actually said he wants to go.

And you can't begrudge any player for wanting to improve their game and play at the highest level, under one of the world's best managers...

We don't need Diva's in the club, if they think they can do better sell them for the highest price, you don't need the best players to win things you need team spirit, their disrespect to their fellow team members is bound to bring disharmony. Leicester, Wales etc are the most recent examples. Koemans needs to get the team playing for each other not individuals showcasing or showboating their skills or frustration.

This is true. We're all hopeful he stays.

But this isn't sell to buy mate, you must understand that.\

We can afford to go and get 3 x £30mil players without having to sell a major player, but we do need a large influx of revenue if we are to do that in order to keep within the current FFP restraints.

The best, most sustainable way to do that is through improved commercial deals - but they are a long-term thing. In the immediacy, the quickest way to get a large influx of revenue is by selling a major player.

Now, if Stones doesn't want to go and he's told Koeman that, then we may not sell. But IMO the likelihood is if that a £50mil bid comes in we may well do, as much as I want him to stay.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Very true. As you say, only time will tell if the farce of last seasons (and the season before that) management have left an indelible mark on the lad. If he is determined to leave, then Everton will benefit massively in being able to pay the remaining and incoming personnel the wages demanded by top performers, and will shortcut our rise to be a force to be reckoned with once again by at least two years. If he opts to remain, that plan will require further consideration, but it is by no means insurmountable.
Watch this space, but either way it is by no means a bad problem to have.

We don't need Diva's in the club, if they think they can do better sell them for the highest price, you don't need the best players to win things you need team spirit, their disrespect to their fellow team members is bound to bring disharmony. Leicester, Wales etc are the most recent examples. Koemans needs to get the team playing for each other not individuals showcasing or showboating their skills or frustration.

I think you've accidentally posted in the Stones thread, when you meant to post in the Lukaku one.

hes not our best player

Did you just call John Stones a Diva?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Absolutely no evidence at all that Stones has been a 'diva'. Lukaku is the only players who has even come close to replicating what you put above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back