• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku has said he is too big for the club and said he wants to leave. Stones has kept his mouth shut, put in a request a while back, whether rightly or wrongly. I would rather have a player who handed in a request and kept his mouth shut, as thats the official route to go, than a player who has said he's too big for the club, him and his dad telling us he will be leaving for bigger clubs soon. I know which is worse for me.
I'd rather have a player that scores 25 goals for us than a CB with potential

I'd prefer sell Rom at what we bought him for, and keep Stones, than sell Stones at 50m plus and keep Rom

ideally both, but Stones staying on for the future would be number one for me
Apart from that not helping us financially, I don't understand why anyway. Lukaku scores more goals for us than any player in the past 20 years. How are we going to replace him? Meanwhile Stones is a defender that's still learning how to defend, and who made no difference to us last season. They'll probably both end up great players, but one will be much harder to replace than the other one. Stones has also wanted to leave for over a year now, so it's not like we're selling Ross or something where he might stay here for his whole career.

Lukaku has said he is too big for the club and said he wants to leave. Stones has kept his mouth shut, put in a request a while back, whether rightly or wrongly. I would rather have a player who handed in a request and kept his mouth shut, as thats the official route to go, than a player who has said he's too big for the club, him and his dad telling us he will be leaving for bigger clubs soon. I know which is worse for me.

You must have missed the last two seasons where we were absolute garbage but Lukaku was still scoring plenty of goals.

He was too big for us if we were to continue finishing where we did last season.

Having said that, I'm not sure he's ever said that he is too big for us, do you have a quote ?

As for his dad, he may be a unit but I doubt Romelu has control over what comes out of his dad's mouth. Parent in wanting the best for their child shocker.

Stones has been poor for months, hands a transfer request after one really good season, and has now made it clear he wants to leave again despite letting the club down massively. Lukaku in comparison has done his job season after season.

He is good enough to be playing in the Champions League. Stones is not.

Apart from that not helping us financially, I don't understand why anyway. Lukaku scores more goals for us than any player in the past 20 years. How are we going to replace him? Meanwhile Stones is a defender that's still learning how to defend, and who made no difference to us last season. They'll probably both end up great players, but one will be much harder to replace than the other one. Stones has also wanted to leave for over a year now, so it's not like we're selling Ross or something where he might stay here for his whole career.

Well I obviously don't think that would happen, just emphasizing that the money doesn't really come into my decision on the players when it comes to whether to sell or not.

The difference for me is, we have generally jumped up a level despite two crap seasons. Due to the increase in funds we are unlikely to go another 20 years or whatever it was without having a striker banging in 15/20/25 a season. (I can be vaulted on this in 2036) It's not as hard as people make out getting goals back into the squad if Rom leaves IMO.

However, as I've said previously Stones is the kind of player that when on form and if he fulfills his potential, you pay to watch. Or at least I certainly would. I am fully convinced he going to be one of the best in the world, and as such would much prefer see that at Everton rather than having another teenage Rooney banging in a hattrick for Man U in the champions league moment when he tears it up at City, if that's where he would go.

I guess I'm thinking more as a football fan than specifically an Everton fan on this. I think he is boss despite still learning and losing his way in the general mess at the club recently, and will be bosser and will be gutted to see him sold.

I'd prefer sell Rom at what we bought him for, and keep Stones, than sell Stones at 50m plus and keep Rom

ideally both, but Stones staying on for the future would be number one for me

Sell Rom for what we bought him for? Less then Liverpool just paid for Mané ?

Selling Stones is no big deal, selling Lukaku would be a shocking mistake.

There is an interview with Jose on the MOTD facebook page today, he is explaing that there are many players who can pass a ball but a player who can put the ball in the net is the hardest things to find, and its true, we have one, we really don't understand how lucky we are to have him, all we have to do now is feed him and have a team around him that works, something we have't seen yet.

Sell Rom for what we bought him for? Less then Liverpool just paid for Mané ?

Selling Stones is no big deal, selling Lukaku would be a shocking mistake.

There is an interview with Jose on the MOTD facebook page today, he is explaing that there are many players who can pass a ball but a player who can put the ball in the net is the hardest things to find, and its true, we have one, we really don't understand how lucky we are to have him, all we have to do now is feed him and have a team around him that works, something we have't seen yet.

I explained the fee comment above, and don't get me wrong. I think they are both great and want to keep both.

What can I say...I've watched both players in every game, and one looks to me to be an excellent young striker with a record most would envy while the other looks a future Everton and footballing great. (whether as a def or mid, I dunno, and I don't take the recent poor patches of form as an indicator of lost talent)

I would argue the opposite of what a lot are saying. We can buy goals in the market today. Whether one striker to replace Roms goals, or a better attack overall. However I personally think in Stones we would be selling something a bit more special. Like I said, it's a football fan thing, rather than just a whats best right now for Everton and winning type thing. I genuinely love watching him play, flaws and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back