• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear this as I thought he was on holiday. Stones that is not Mr holiday himself Ronald Koeman.

Stones and Koeman met at the Formby Hotel near Liverpool (where RK is based at the moment) on Saturday. I imagine Stones will be on holiday now.

Heard koeman has convinced him to stay . But I don't believe it tbh .

Are you getting it from that tweet saying that he had a 10 minute chat and convinced him to stay? I am not convinced as well but with Koeman who was a top class defender now managing us, Moshiri's determination to make Everton a top tier team, I hope that is enough to get Stones to commit to us even if for a little bit longer. It seems Lukaku is saying he is staying due to the commitment of the ownership and manager but probably more so because no one will pay our asking price. I hope Stones stays and we build around him. Fingers crossed

Lukaku has said he is too big for the club and said he wants to leave. Stones has kept his mouth shut, put in a request a while back, whether rightly or wrongly. I would rather have a player who handed in a request and kept his mouth shut, as thats the official route to go, than a player who has said he's too big for the club, him and his dad telling us he will be leaving for bigger clubs soon. I know which is worse for me.
Difference as well here is city will pay the asking price for stones but no offers Lukaku !

Stones
Wanted by all the top clubs
Possible world record fee for a defender
English
Koeman could improve him
15% of any fee goes to barnsley

Yet people dont seem too bothered about selling him?

You don't sell your best players. The days of us needing a quick chunk of change from a sale of a top player are gone.

He may of lost his way of late, but Stones is a wonderful player and for me, one of the best defenders in europe. Form is temporary.... the lad is world class. With Koeman arriving, his staff, his tactics and different training methods he brings, I can't help but think under koeman, Stones would be the first name on the teamsheet.

No matter what has gone on, we don't need to sell. Trying to build a team. We will get this with Koeman.
We do need to sell though to grow our wage bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back