• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we sell him now, are we a selling club after all?

I would not say so. He has now made it clear he wants out, no point in keeping a player with that attitude. He should put in a written ttransfer request not just speak to the manager. Then it would be up to clubs to come to us and make an offer and it could be any club. The ball is inhis court to put in a written request and City to make an offer.

With his attitude as it is seen now even if City did not come in how could we play him any more.

I would not say so. He has now made it clear he wants out, no point in keeping a player with that attitude. He should put in a written ttransfer request not just speak to the manager. Then it would be up to clubs to come to us and make an offer and it could be any club. The ball is inhis court to put in a written request and City to make an offer.

With his attitude as it is seen now even if City did not come in how could we play him any more.

he said he wanted to go last year too

There are only 3 clubs in world football at the moment that are not 'selling club's' - Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern. Everyone else will lose players they want to keep at some point.

He has 3 years left on his deal and we havent took the stance we have with Lukaku so obviously Koeman feels he can find an adequate replacement for Stones. As much as i'd like him to stay, it is probably easier to replace a defender (even with someone who has less ability on the ball) than a 20 goal a season striker. They are difficult to come by as proven by the shortage at the minute.

If already mentioned forgive me, I got word Everton want 54 million, City obviously trying to push down the price particularly with Koeman wanting Bony.

If already mentioned forgive me, I got word Everton want 54 million, City obviously trying to push down the price particularly with Koeman wanting Bony.

hope all of that is true. It's a weird one if bony interest is real.

City would want to include him in a swap deal so that would take a chunk off the stones price tag to benefit their FFP. But we'd be happier to sell stones outright and then bony with money from the sale for the same reason. I think that's how it works? ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back