• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sale we'll regret for a very long time. He's the type of player that comes around once every few decades and there's loads on here happy to get rid...I just don't get it.
And we're happy to keep Mirallas.

50 million, great deal for me, we will find somebody who can defend and doesn't take unnecessary risks

Are you saying Stones can't defend? He's a great defender, I reckon he would have been even better under Koeman too who would have cut out the mistakes in his game.

He's far better than any defender that played for England in the Euros , Smalling is Utds No. 1 and not in Stones class. I don't see a defender with his ability in the Premiership . He is still very young and will only get better. I'm sure good defensive coaching wouldn't hurt.

What I find amusing is that some of the best managers in the world, not some prem managers that have ok record but nothing on world stage, would pay 50M+ for Stones but some posters on here think he is crap. If there was a credibility rating on here, you could not survive having that view. If/when Stones leaves, it's not woohoo 50M, it's that we failed to convince him to stay. Current management on field and behind the scenes might not be guilty of galvinising the move, he might simply have been utterly pissed off last 2 seasons and decided to go. You couldn't blame him.

Everyone happy to get rid for 50m. You need to think more!

Firstly everyone will hold us to ransom as they know we have just pocketed 50m so any replacement will be expensive

Plus who do you replace him with. Koubaily? Bonnucci? Both quoted at around 40m quid. It's ridiculous neither are worth that much or even close!

I don't see how we can find a better replacement when if city think he is the best player out there? Otherwise they'd go for someone else

I was under the impression the only reason we needed to sell Stones was to fund the wages on new signings. Well there's been no movement yet so why on earth are we selling then?

I'm relaxed about the situation but it has all the hallmarks of our incomings only starting once we flog Stones. I don't honestly believe the theory to be honest but it's a nagging thought in the back of my head. One ounce of tangible ambition shown (i.e. 1 top signing) and I'll be a firm believer. Until then I remain optimistic, but with the old nagging thoughts.

I don't think he's crap at all, he's a decent defender 50 million is ridiculous money for somebody who's not played well for a while, he takes to many chances for me, Spurs at home being one and still had some blame in the penalty against Swansea aswell, signs were there against celta Vigo 3 seasons ago that he takes to many chances, again I accept people's opinions but think we could do better

If we had any sense we would sign the two centre backs we need before we sold Stones

Otherwise instantly every club thinks well they've just made 50m so we will ask for more now

What I find amusing is that some of the best managers in the world, not some prem managers that have ok record but nothing on world stage, would pay 50M+ for Stones but some posters on here think he is crap. If there was a credibility rating on here, you could not survive having that view. If/when Stones leaves, it's not woohoo 50M, it's that we failed to convince him to stay. Current management on field and behind the scenes might not be guilty of galvinising the move, he might simply have been utterly pissed off last 2 seasons and decided to go. You couldn't blame him.
Totally agree with your read on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back