• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I said was we have no chance of getting one of the best defenders in his prime to come to us lol and if he would, why not? Does a transfer fee affect you? It isnt your money.

Well yes it does because if we spend that kind of money on someone now, in 3 years time when we need to look at replacing where do we find money from again? I'm pretty sure we arnt just gonna throw money about here there and everywhere.

Well yes it does because if we spend that kind of money on someone now, in 3 years time when we need to look at replacing where do we find money from again? I'm pretty sure we arnt just gonna throw money about here there and everywhere.

Footballers dont break at the age of 32, where did you get that from? Especially defenders, top class ones can go on til their late 30's at a high level.
Not sure what you're getting at though, Bonucci is not even a target as it would never happen.

Footballers dont break at the age of 32, where did you get that from? Especially defenders, top class ones can go on til their late 30's at a high level.
Not sure what you're getting at though, Bonucci is not even a target as it would never happen.

I just wouldn't spend that kind of money on a player approaching 30, because you'd need to replace them sooner or later. Atleast if they were early 20's you'd get more years out of them and save having to buy someone else sooner

As far as im aware Conte wouldnt go above 35m.

Hence us being in the "box seat".

You are aware as much as I am about the fees quoted (from the papers who guess and/or fuelled by 'leaks' from the club).
The 'latest' express claim is that city will pay what chelsea got turned down for but, with addons ala the Sterling deal!
If we take those figures as true (from the ever reliable press, where we get our figures from), then they're about the same.
We don't actually know and it is quite funny that people who(me included, or maybe not if my plan comes together) will never have dealings with these sums of money, debate about whether that player is worth £2mill more than that player. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back