• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus who do you replace him with. Koubaily? Bonnucci? Both quoted at around 40m quid. It's ridiculous neither are worth that much or even close!

Bonucci?! lol He's quality mate, and theirs no chance he'd come here. Would be a massive upgrade on Stones at this moment.

What I find amusing is that some of the best managers in the world, not some prem managers that have ok record but nothing on world stage, would pay 50M+ for Stones but some posters on here think he is crap. If there was a credibility rating on here, you could not survive having that view. If/when Stones leaves, it's not woohoo 50M, it's that we failed to convince him to stay. Current management on field and behind the scenes might not be guilty of galvinising the move, he might simply have been utterly pissed off last 2 seasons and decided to go. You couldn't blame him.

Agree, but same type of managers think Koulibaly is worth that also, unlike posters on here.

I'd be pissed of if I was him also, knowing that he could play better but wasn't doing it consistently. :cool:

Bonucci?! lol He's quality mate, and theirs no chance he'd come here. Would be a massive upgrade on Stones at this moment.

Why would you spend 40m on a 29 year old who probably had maybe 2/3 years left before he starts losing his attributes.

Agree, but same type of managers think Koulibaly is worth that also, unlike posters on here.

I'd be pissed of if I was him also, knowing that he could play better but wasn't doing it consistently. :cool:

As far as im aware Conte wouldnt go above 35m.

Hence us being in the "box seat".

The decision is ultimately the Managers and the new owner. We dont need the money , so we don't sell if we don't want to. Stones won't do a Lescott or throw the rattle out of the pram.

Why would you spend 40m on a 29 year old who probably had maybe 2/3 years left before he starts losing his attributes.

All I said was we have no chance of getting one of the best defenders in his prime to come to us lol and if he would, why not? Does a transfer fee affect you? It isnt your money.

The wages were blowing on Gibson and possibly Skekelenburg could have been given to Stones.
He does not want to stay. On last seasons form Gibson adds more in two games than Stones added in a season. Not knocking him, he will be really good but deserves not a penny more until he is. That will not be with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back