• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that Citeh are coming bottom half next season. You cannot play purist football in this league, especially in the winter. If your defenders lack aggression and an ability to defend crosses properly you will get had off by the likes of West Brom and Stoke.

Especially away from home!

And Money can't buy you Stones- Urm yes it can 50 million plus is hard to turn down for a centre half with the skill of a midfielder, but cannot win a defensive header like most of our defence though- sad if he goes IMO!
I thought we were super rich evidently not?

Utd are one of the richest clubs on the planet, Still lost Ronaldo though didn't they

Yes, I guess you could argue that point

He's hardly looked a 50m defender though, Can see him struggling massively at City

I dont look at the actual transfer figure that much, the whole game is nuts.

But I would contend that he is the most highly prized English defender on the market.

Ive always felt Stones represents some sort of defending evolution/revolution in some way. I may be way off but his price tag doesnt go together with his basic defending skills.

Although not the finished article still a superb talent with good technical ability.
We should be looking for £60m IMO. Wrangle as much as we can out of City.
Important that this is wrapped up in the next day or two.

Ive always felt Stones represents some sort of defending evolution/revolution in some way. I may be way off but his price tag doesnt go together with his basic defending skills.

The stuff he is ace at, you cannot coach. The stuff he is lacking, in the air basically, you can.

Lob in his age, being English, the Pep effect. In todays daft market, they are getting 10 years of excellence.

Always thought he'd make the perfect sweeper, though doesn't seem fashionable these days. Man marking is shocking, not great in the air and feel he needs 2 quality CB's next to him. Bringing the ball out of defence and last ditch tackles are his best qualities, unfortunately too often he was the reason he was making the last ditch tackles. Sad to see him go but don't think he will fit any system in England, Spain would have been the best place for him IMO.

The stuff he is ace at, you cannot coach. The stuff he is lacking, in the air basically, you can.

Lob in his age, being English, the Pep effect. In todays daft market, they are getting 10 years of excellence.
Very true. Sadly his heart was only light blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back