• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd are one of the richest clubs on the planet, Still lost Ronaldo though didn't they
Yes money talks, but last season it was keep Stones at all costs, but if the lad wants to go so be it if the cash is top knoch, Ronoaldo went on to great things abroad we are selling to a team who are virtually our neighbors, also it was said that our new Billionaire Director the idea was to keep our better players?
We were not budging last season, to me Stones is class, but not the complete aerial defender on set peices, suited RM maybe Koeman wants a stopper in the traditional sense!

Pep seems to think he can build a defence around him.....as did Jose. Good enough for me.

They are banking on him fulfilling his potential. Which at 50-60 mil we'd be silly to turn down.

There are no guarantees he'll become a complete player. If he does he'll be one of the best center halves in the world. At it stands now they are willing to pay for that potential that may never be fulfilled.

STILL not one single quote (there has not been one all summer) where a city representative mentions Stones. Pure conjecture.

Whether its currently just talk or rumour etc etc, its all preparation for when (not if) he goes. Sad though that may be, the fee we get helps cushion the blow as long as its spent wisely.

Can we knock this 'can't defend' nonsense on the head? If he couldn't defend then he wouldn't be wanted by Mourinho and Pep.

Anyone saying he can't defend is wrong, but saying he needs to improve his defending is a fair assesment. He excels at all the things that are secondary for a defender, control, technique, passing.

He's not great in the air and he sometimes lets his man get away from him. No reason he can't improve on all of those due to his age but he's not the finished article yet.

Our defensive record was bad last year and we looked weak defending crosses. That's not all down to him and I know RM's tactics and lack of defensive training didn't help but he makes mistakes more than most top drawer defenders do.

Mourinho and Pep wanting him doesn't mean he is the finished article, they want him for his potential as much as ability. They know he's capable of becoming top drawer if he does improve.

Great managers wanting players doesn't always mean they're great players either (although I think Stones is close to becoming one). City bought Rodwell and Ferguson bought Djemba Djemba.

Really sending out a bad message to our fans that we are selling before buying. Smacks of the Kenwright era. I thought the board wanted to send out a (positive) message this summer? Well they've gone completely the wrong way about it. Yes, we may end up spending more than what we receive for Stones, but almost every single fan expected much, more more. Going into the season with a threadbare squad - rubbish! Genuinely thought we'd have signed a few good players by now... something appears to have gone wrong.

I will personally be gutted to see this lad go. He's pure class.

If it has to happen though, I hope it's a Koeman decision, rather than us caving in to Citeh's millions.

Really sending out a bad message to our fans that we are selling before buying. Smacks of the Kenwright era. I thought the board wanted to send out a (positive) message this summer? Well they've gone completely the wrong way about it. Yes, we may end up spending more than what we receive for Stones, but almost every single fan expected much, more more. Going into the season with a threadbare squad - rubbish! Genuinely thought we'd have signed a few good players by now... something appears to have gone wrong.

I agree, it would have been better to show our our intent and it might have shown our stars like lukaku and stones we mean business and might have tempted them to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back