• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and I really don't think Stones will try to force a move again.

He knows the situation. The clubs have to come to an agreement. Despite his transfer request last summer, he won't bad-mouth us in the press etc etc.

If City want him, they meet our valuation. If not, he stays.
It has worked out well for everyone; he doesn't want to stay and his fee will add rocket fuel to our revival. I will still be disappointed when he leaves but not hurting like before as he's leaving strictly on our terms.

He should still show the club the respect it deserves.

If he goes he goes, I for one will not wish him well. I hope Citeh fail miserably.

what do you mean by that?

How has he disrespected the club?

He handed in a transfer request a year ago that got declined. Since then he played well for us bar a shaky spell of form (under the worst defensive manager in the league btw).

Then, this summer he has told the club that if an offer comes in for him he wishes to leave. How is that in any way not respecting the club?

He handed in a transfer request a year ago that got declined. Since then he played well for us bar a shaky spell of form (under the worst defensive manager in the league btw).

Then, this summer he has told the club that if an offer comes in for him he wishes to leave. How is that in any way not respecting the club?

Stones did not play well last season. His form was up and down.

Handing in a transfer request a year into a new contract, walking off the pitch at Anfield when a man down, requesting a move to Citeh when we are aiming to challenge at the top end again.

Yeah top man Stones isn't he.

Thought he was shakey last season.

If he is a foreigner player people may call him a mercenary? This club gave him the chance and how old is he 22? He wants to get away from this club and has taken action twice in less than a year. Before he goes, surely he will hand in another transfer request. Some people would not care less about him as long as Koeman receives his fee to spend.

Regarding the ego thing, I am aware of a season ticket holder who has had some form of business contact with Stones. He has never explained why but he hates him and is convinced he has been disruptive since his Chelsea move failed to materialise.

I have said numerous times that I want him to stay and grow as a player here, but he has shown no commitment whatsoever. Playing for Everton is an honour and the pinnacle of a players career imo. The least you can ask is for each individual to give 100% in every game.

Whatever he goes on to achieve in the game I will not forget that he was on the end of two 4-0 defeats at the pit, the 2nd one crying off and getting subbed.

Talented player, but the heart of a pea.

I hope you can apply the same to all other players who got smashed in those derbies too.

I'll be a bit more rational about it. I haven't seen evidence he has no "heart" in football terms. Looks a confident lad to me. Was excellent in a poor team performance in the cup semi against Man U.

Handing in a transfer request a year into a new contract, walking off the pitch at Anfield when a man down, requesting a move to Citeh when we are aiming to challenge at the top end again.

Right, he was comfortably one of our best players for the first half of last season - at the age of 21, leading a defence that was largely inexperienced due to injuries to Baines, Jagielka and Coleman at times.

He had the chuffing runs vs Liverpool mate. What, you thought he should have stayed on and done a Lineker and potentially just made hismelf worse for the semi-final?

He had a shaky spell of form because he's a human being and a young player and that happens. You expect that he had to be 100% brilliant in every game.

Honestly, you're being ridiculous mate.

Thought he was shakey last season.

If he is a foreigner player people may call him a mercenary? This club gave him the chance and how old is he 22? He wants to get away from this club and has taken action twice in less than a year. Before he goes, surely he will hand in another transfer request. Some people would not care less about him as long as Koeman receives his fee to spend.

he had a shaky spell of form post Christmas - as I have said countless times. That happens with any footballer, bare in mind the lad has just turned 22 and is already one of the best players in his position in the league.

You know how I know that? Because Man City wouldn't be willing to pay £50mil for him if he wasn't...

well aren't you precious

its his life, he can do what he wants... do you feel equally disappointed in your mates when they ask to leave their current jobs to take a new one with a more successful company who will pay them more ?

what does stones owe us ? f all, he's not an everton fan and has no emotional attachment to the club, like every footballer his choice of which club he wants to play for should not be used as a stick to beat him with, we are all given that choice and can quit our current job for a better one when the chance arrives without getting harsley judged as a bad person, why can't he ?

he had a shaky spell of form post Christmas - as I have said countless times. That happens with any footballer, bare in mind the lad has just turned 22 and is already one of the best players in his position in the league.

You know how I know that? Because Man City wouldn't be willing to pay £50mil for him if he wasn't...

This is true. Chelsea last season and Citch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back