• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten another thing people should be taking into context when jumping on their high horse claiming he played poorly due to ego or no focus..........as you touch upon, at times at the start of the season he was playing with two young fullbacks and in Funes Mori a player completely new to the league. Why on earth would you not allow for that in judging a young player, unless you were already just in a fume over the transfer request and had made your mind up that you know best. (further context being a rapidly worsening keeper too)

Regarding the ego thing, I am aware of a season ticket holder who has had some form of business contact with Stones. He has never explained why but he hates him and is convinced he has been disruptive since his Chelsea move failed to materialise.

I have said numerous times that I want him to stay and grow as a player here, but he has shown no commitment whatsoever. Playing for Everton is an honour and the pinnacle of a players career imo. The least you can ask is for each individual to give 100% in every game.

Whatever he goes on to achieve in the game I will not forget that he was on the end of two 4-0 defeats at the pit, the 2nd one crying off and getting subbed.

Talented player, but the heart of a pea.

Regarding the ego thing, I am aware of a season ticket holder who has had some form of business contact with Stones. He has never explained why but he hates him and is convinced he has been disruptive since his Chelsea move failed to materialise.

I have said numerous times that I want him to stay and grow as a player here, but he has shown no commitment whatsoever. Playing for Everton is an honour and the pinnacle of a players career imo. The least you can ask is for each individual to give 100% in every game.

Whatever he goes on to achieve in the game I will not forget that he was on the end of two 4-0 defeats at the pit, the 2nd one crying off and getting subbed.

Talented player, but the heart of a pea.

I'm a blue through and through, but I'm having a hard time agreeing with that statement.

I'm a blue through and through, but I'm having a hard time agreeing with that statement.

That's why I put imo.
I would leave Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern etc in a heartbeat to play for Everton. Every other club is just fodder.

Playing for England would just be a bit of fun too given the opportunity. Everton is all that matters in football when it comes to the game. :)

50 million quid for a player who couldn't get a place in the worst England team in a generation sounds like a fantastic bit of business to me.
More money than sense in Manchester; need I mention last year's star buy- Sterling!!!!

SSN reckon its only a possibility, Everton will not budge on their asking offer of around 50 million!
A deal will be done mate, this poker game has been going on all summer.

We need to insist that it has to be concluded now, to avoid a Lescott type situation.

Personally I think it'll go through in the next few days.

SSN reckon its only a possibility, Everton will not budge on their asking offer of around 50 million!

Good on us I say. We are not obliged to sell but will only because he wants out. Our call on how much we will let him go for....we don't even have to negotiate we just say 50m or you don't have him. Man City can afford him easily so they should just cough up if they want him as badly as the press make out.

That's why I put imo.
I would leave Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern etc in a heartbeat to play for Everton. Every other club is just fodder.

Playing for England would just be a bit of fun too given the opportunity. Everton is all that matters in football when it comes to the game. :)

yes, to you and me and the other fans (most of them).

not to a lad from Wakefield who grew up in Barnsley and came through their academy...

A deal will be done mate, this poker game has been going on all summer.

We need to insist that it has to be concluded now, to avoid a Lescott type situation.

Personally I think it'll go through in the next few days.
yes but its only media, if we had signed every player we have neen linked too over the last 3 weeks we would have signed 11 players!

Good on us I say. We are not obliged to sell but will only because he wants out. Our call on how much we will let him go for....we don't even have to negotiate we just say 50m or you don't have him. Man City can afford him easily so they should just cough up if they want him as badly as the press make out.

Yep and I really don't think Stones will try to force a move again.

He knows the situation. The clubs have to come to an agreement. Despite his transfer request last summer, he won't bad-mouth us in the press etc etc.

If City want him, they meet our valuation. If not, he stays.

yes, to you and me and the other fans (most of them).

not to a lad from Wakefield who grew up in Barnsley and came through their academy...

He should still show the club the respect it deserves.

If he goes he goes, I for one will not wish him well. I hope Citeh fail miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back