• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
<dreaming of a defence of Koulibaly and Stones for the next 10 years>

Om nom nom
wake up!
x3kUfYn.gif

No mate...he's vastly overrated. He is a center half and his #1 job is to be a defender. He's not very good at that.

He's sexy as hell though on the ball and it seduces everyone...including myself.

He really is. He makes mistakes, but fundamentally he's a good defender who is only going to get better.

He made less mistakes than Smalling or Cahill or Terry last year yet I'm sure you'd class them all as better defenders?

He really is. He makes mistakes, but fundamentally he's a good defender who is only going to get better.

He made less mistakes than Smalling or Cahill or Terry last year yet I'm sure you'd class them all as better defenders?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. He's non existent in the air. Positional awareness is sorely lacking. Ball watches. Etc.

No mate...he's vastly overrated. He is a center half and his #1 job is to be a defender. He's not very good at that.

He's sexy as hell though on the ball and it seduces everyone...including myself.

He's 22, he's still learning the art of defending i.e. when to press, when to drop off, when to tackle, when to row z it.

He's got the ability to read a game and is one of the best technical gifted defender's in Britain. Once his bread is buttered and he knows the game he'll be one of the best in the world

i'd rather keep the lad! Don't get why you'd want to sell a English centre back with huge potential if we are meant to be starting this huge new project. Sends the wrong message in my opinion.

i'd rather keep the lad! Don't get why you'd want to sell a English centre back with huge potential if we are meant to be starting this huge new project. Sends the wrong message in my opinion.
We've always been sell-to-buy, so no point stopping now. We can always get Hibbert back and play him CB like we did against Benfica. :drunk:

Once again, I'll repeat - if we wish to up our wage limit in line with the signings we hope to make (high profile players means bigger fees and wages, obviously) we need to up our revenue to stay within FFP limits.

Stones has said he wants to leave supposedly, which indicates that we have agreed to it as long as City meet our valuation.

We all want him to stay (most of us, anyway), and for now he is an Everton player, but it doesn't look likely he'll be here come September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back