• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I certainly believe he has the capability to be a top defender. But the reality is he doesnt want to be here, and we need to sell him ASAP. Also, the reason why 50 mill is overvalued for him is the simple fact is he is currently more potential than reality. Thats not to say he wont GET there, but somewhere in the future is a CB worth between 15-75 mill. We don't know where that is, and every year you keep someone like that you have risk. Let someone else take that risk and gamble on what he is, or isn't willing to learn. Some people see too much of the flashy plays and overvalue what should be his #1 competency, defence.

Precious?!

There are young kids who idolise footballers and are heartbroken when they leave. It is not just a job it is a responsibilty and for the obscene amount of money they are paid they deserve any flack they get for not pulling their weight or handing in transfer requests in the same way they receive God like status for success/loyalty.

Surely you must realise this.

No, it is just a job. No different to any other. Yes, they are paid obscene amounts of money, but they're competing with players from all over the world.

If a kid can't get over a player leaving, they're probably going to struggle in life.

Either way I'm loving the fact that Everton are not allowing themselves to be pushed around. I can just imagine the shock on Stones face as he was told he was going.

I doubt he was shocked at all. You're making him out to be some bad guy.

He's a professional and he will happily go to Germany with the rest of the squad.

The story has been all along that Stones told the club he wanted to leave weeks ago and the club agreed that he could go as long as their valuation is met.

From everybody's pov until that happens they all just get on with their jobs.

Oh, I certainly believe he has the capability to be a top defender. But the reality is he doesnt want to be here, and we need to sell him ASAP. Also, the reason why 50 mill is overvalued for him is the simple fact is he is currently more potential than reality. Thats not to say he wont GET there, but somewhere in the future is a CB worth between 15-75 mill. We don't know where that is, and every year you keep someone like that you have risk. Let someone else take that risk and gamble on what he is, or isn't willing to learn. Some people see too much of the flashy plays and overvalue what should be his #1 competency, defence.

Well he does need to bring a bit of perspective to the situation though, if he doesn't get sold he surely must realize he needs to put in some good performances. Going into a sulk will only effect him in the long run development wise. He should also remember that if he didn't want to play for Everton he shouldn't have signed a five yr extension in 2014. We really hold ll the cards here and I believe Koeman won't put up with any crap.

I doubt he was shocked at all. You're making him out to be some bad guy.

He's a professional and he will happily go to Germany with the rest of the squad.

The story has been all along that Stones told the club he wanted to leave weeks ago and the club agreed that he could go as long as their valuation is met.

From everybody's pov until that happens they all just get on with their jobs.

Not a bad guy but I do think that today's footballers should be extremely thankful for what they have and anything that comes after that is a bonus. He has acted a bit like a spoilt brat at times, for example his reaction at some of the games last season, yeah he's young but he's also a professional.

Guardiola just like Mourinho is not "the second coming of Christ", Mourinho was found out last season at Chelsea and it's always a possibility that the same will happen at City for Guardiola. As a point of interest which second rate team have either of them taken to the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back