• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be a City player for sure. No doubt our price is to clear £50m AFTER paying Barnsley their cut - it's a fair price for everyone involved especially as Stones has already told Moshiri he wants to go.

Time to get big Kouli in his place - seems a monster that lad.

Just had a look on Blue Moon forum.

I think they were all convinced it was imminent but don't seem to think his traveling with us to mean it's off.

And I would agree, he will go to City. Unfortunately.

Im not sure anymore. Win win situation for Everton.

No, it is just a job. No different to any other. Yes, they are paid obscene amounts of money, but they're competing with players from all over the world.

If a kid can't get over a player leaving, they're probably going to struggle in life.

The point is that a player leaving hurts more than McDonald's changing a store manager. There is more to it than just a job. Players visit local hospitals and charities for the community as they are icons whether they like it or not. Imagine Geoff at McDonald's going round the local children's ward handing out cheeseburgers instead of Baines or Henderson from the local teams.

Whatever happens with Stones I only care what he does for Everton. If they leave they are nothing. I could not care less about his career should he sign away from our club.

I think Pep may well struggle.
Said this from very early on since when the rumours of him coming first emerged. He won't flounder, but it'll be a much more challenging task.

The squad he's inherited doesn't have the quality in depth that suits his style of play; they do not dominate and the league has greater depth.

In La Liga and Bundesliga the lower teams were regularly turned over by Pep's teams - personally can't see Burnley et al allowing that.

Said this from very early on since when the rumours of him coming first emerged. He won't flounder, but it'll be a much more challenging task.

The squad he's inherited doesn't have the quality in depth that suits his style of play; they do not dominate and the league has greater depth.

couldn't agree more. The teams he had at barca and Bayern were unbelievable. Plus will be interesting to see how he handles the Christmas period, I believe both leagues he has managed in both have a winter break.

Taking Stones to Germany just puts a bit of pressure on City, after all he is our player until we get what we want. They have deep pockets and if they really want him they will pay what we want- they will want to bed him in like we do with any of our signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back