• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is just a job. No different to any other. Yes, they are paid obscene amounts of money, but they're competing with players from all over the world.

If a kid can't get over a player leaving, they're probably going to struggle in life.
I grew up and went to school down south where everybody supports Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or RS in the 90s. A young CB who didn't even really make our first team line up last season leaving was the least of my worries haha!

I think it will be a sad day when he goes I understand it's a good price for him and it looks like he wants out but it's not the start to the new regime I was looking for, I thought there would have been a lot more movement coming in,im starting to get a bad thought.

....from what I understand, the fee is agreed but EFC also want City to pay the Barnsley add-on.

I suspect that it part of the negotiation, but if that was all that was holding it up I doubt he would be going to Dresden. Perhaps also waiting from answers from potential replacements like Koulibaly?

Since Pip just talked about Stones in front of the media I guess as soon as his replacement is signed, Stones will leave. Could be Koulibaly but I feel this deal with be like the Witsel deal...dragging on.

I suspect that it part of the negotiation, but if that was all that was holding it up I doubt he would be going to Dresden. Perhaps also waiting from answers from potential replacements like Koulibaly?

....I think the latter is very valid, reports that Moshiri wants a replacement 'lined up'. Koulibaly certainly looks the part.

If we are going to sell, and it's not something I would do, then it has to be now so we can actually get funds in to spend.

I was always sceptical that we wouldn't bring a big name in till stones went and sadly that appears to be the case.

Pep showing his 'class' by talking openly about wanting another clubs player. Not on the same level as Mourinho obviously, but I'd still make them pay the extra to Barnsley on top just because of that.

£57.5m might put them off though.

....from what I understand, the fee is agreed but EFC also want City to pay the Barnsley add-on.

Should put it in the small print of the contract. Just like when we were signing Mori and we made a mess of it and had to pay 9 million rather than 6.

Wonder how City fans take this (his travel to germany)
Just had a look on Blue Moon forum.

I think they were all convinced it was imminent but don't seem to think his traveling with us to mean it's off.

And I would agree, he will go to City. Unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back