• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 22, he's still learning the art of defending i.e. when to press, when to drop off, when to tackle, when to row z it.

He's got the ability to read a game and is one of the best technical gifted defender's in Britain. Once his bread is buttered and he knows the game he'll be one of the best in the world
Those who are quick to jump on his mistakes are conveniently forgetting that he's been mentored under the defence non grata policy of Roberto.

As you mention, once he's assured at the bread and butter aspects of defending (which I'm confident Pep will focus on), he'll be a top defender.

I truly understand why he'll most probably leave but I'm grown up enough to acknowledge that his departure will be almost certainly be a loss.

Those who are suggesting otherwise really need to think a little more objectively, and I 'd suggest that start by taking those blue tinted glasses off.

I don't mean that the player should bleed blue or any of that nonsense I mean those that are playing for us at present are the only ones I give a monkey's about. If a player leaves then fine but I do not wish them well, good luck or any of that crap I just don't care what happens to them and their career when they no longer wear the Everton shirt.

I fear football may be leaving you behind mate :(

(re. wanting to wear the shirt)

Players aren't fans. Never have been never will be.

From Stones' pov his move to City makes more sense than staying at Everton, ultimately.

He'll be missed, but we'll move on and hopefully use the money to get a replacement who improves the team (as hard as that will be).

I don't mean that the player should bleed blue or any of that nonsense I mean those that are playing for us at present are the only ones I give a monkey's about. If a player leaves then fine but I do not wish them well, good luck or any of that crap I just don't care what happens to them and their career when they no longer wear the Everton shirt.

fair enough mate

Those who are quick to jump on his mistakes are conveniently forgetting that he's been mentored under the defence non grata policy of Roberto.

As you mention, once he's assured at the bread and butter aspects of defending (which I'm confident Pep will focus on), he'll be a top defender.

I truly understand why he'll most probably leave but I'm grown up enough to acknowledge that his departure will be almost certainly be a loss.

Those who are suggesting otherwise really need to think a little more objectively, and I 'd suggest that start by taking those blue tinted glasses off.

Pep will make him a great player, koeman will make him a great defender

Precious?!

There are young kids who idolise footballers and are heartbroken when they leave. It is not just a job it is a responsibilty and for the obscene amount of money they are paid they deserve any flack they get for not pulling their weight or handing in transfer requests in the same way they receive God like status for success/loyalty.

Surely you must realise this.
They have a responsibility to uphold the values of the club and to conduct themselves in the manner that the employer expects. Key word here is employer. Everton are like family to us but to Stones and almost all the rest of them, Everton is just an employer. Every employee has the right to request to leave should they so wish for whatever reason. Stones asked to leave, Everton were entitled to say no. He stayed, he played his role as did the rest and never uttered a bad word to the press throughout the season. This summer he has asked to leave and the club has agreed. To me, both sides have acted very professionally and there is no reason for the ire directed at him.

He's 22, he's still learning the art of defending i.e. when to press, when to drop off, when to tackle, when to row z it.

He's got the ability to read a game and is one of the best technical gifted defender's in Britain. Once his bread is buttered and he knows the game he'll be one of the best in the world

I agree that if he is able to improve in his areas of weakness that he will be one of the best in the world. No guarantees though that he will reach his potential.

He wants out and we are cashing in on City's gamble that he will achieve his potential. The fee they are paying is largely based on what they hope he will become.

....I know he's still our player but I thought he might not travel to Germany.
Transfers can move quickly and he could return home but maybe negotiations aren't as far along as we are being lead to believe? City not willing to pay 50 mill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back